Spawning Teqs

Wow what great pictures :D Looking forward to seeing new pics as they grow up :)

Weelll!

The babies are noticeable bigger now at least the majority are. Which means they are most definitely eating the vinegar eel they are being given, so I'm happy about that.

Gave the tank a small clean today, just to refresh the water. It was sad to see the amount of babies that we syphoned up (only 4 live), but I guess that is natures way of sorting the healthy and strong from those who are not :) We still have plenty of gooduns so far, so I'm really happy with the way things are going.

x

Sounds like you are doing a brilliant job Maddie, I bet Teqs is secretly very proud of you :D

Looking forward to more pictures :)

Thought I'd do a little up date. We don't have many left, there are about 10 or so in there, though it's hard to see, sometimes you can only see 1, sometimes it looks like they are everywhere.

The ones that we do have are looking really good. Still to small for my phone to focus on but they are getting some shape to them now, you can see caudal fins forming and they no longer look see through. I'm planning my next spawn for about mid - late January, so I'll be jarring the babies around then, cleaning the tank, getting a few more supplies and starting with my next pair. Very exciting.

Really looking forward to seeing how these babies develop, their colours, etc xx

have you seen the webcam at osaquatics . its got a shark on it. so cool :rolleyes: i got a pair of full red fighters from them last week and i hope that they will start nest building soon. they are only in with panda cory so hopefully all will be okay

Right that's it...........time for another visit with my camera :lol: It seems like ages since I saw them last and at least with just 10, they will be very easy to manage when you jar them up!!! Can't wait to see what colours and fins you get from them.

Lol! Can't wait until there is something to them and they start looking like fish. I need to give the tank a clean again but it still scares me, although they are bigger, they are still to small to see when siphoning and getting algae off the glass!

Goes with the job unfortunately :lol:

I spend ages checking for sucked up babies.....and would be mortified if I thought I'd poured one down the plug hole :lol:

Most reactions

Back