10g Betta
DSCN3415.jpg

40g
DSCN3285.jpg

55g
DSCN3215.jpg

75g
DSCN3086.jpg

The 55g and 75g I am still working on. I am having trouble getting the look I want. Any pointers?

The 55g and 75g I am still working on. I am having trouble getting the look I want. Any pointers?

I like both, but maybe a few smaller stones rather than the larger ones would break up the scape a bit more and make it look more natural? Not sure if you've seen elisew's malawi tanks - the stones are in a "heap" on one side leaving a nice open swimming space on the other side of the tank.

Nick

Yeah, the problem that I am having is that the stones wont "heap." I will try and break the rock and see what happens. Thank you Hayz and Stockley. (these are my first cichlid setups, so I am still experimenting with rockwork. The 55g is African, the 75g is SA)

Yeah, the problem that I am having is that the stones wont "heap." I will try and break the rock and see what happens. Thank you Hayz and Stockley. (these are my first cichlid setups, so I am still experimenting with rockwork. The 55g is African, the 75g is SA)

No worries - I've always found it so hard to be 100% happy with my scapes (but I've only been doing this for a little over a year!), and like I said, I like where you've got to so far. I watched a video on Youtube yesterday about scaping, and realised my problem...I spend so long thinking about fish that I forget to think about the way the tank looks and then spend hours with my arms in the tank playing around with where I think stuff should go. I'm going to be setting up a Rio 180 pretty soon and am determined to be 100% happy with the scape before any water goes in it.

Nick

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back