fav PBS shows?

PBS (WGBH here near Boston) hasn't been good for many, MANY years. They barely play anything old anymore. Nova is woke, American Experience is woke, Nature is OK sometimes, Mystery! is full of horrible acting and computer effects... I miss the days of Tom Baker as Dr Who, the original All Creatures, Rumpole, Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes, GOOD kids shows, documentaries not slanted totally to the left (the recent one about the history of jeans is a good example). Even Antiques Roadshow isn't the same. And the annual auction used to be a must-watch... remember the "BID BID BID" apron??

A few times a year I drive past the WGHB headquarters outside Boston proper. If they have the money to build and maintain that thing, they don't need any more taxpayer money...
 
I would be absolutely miserable without PBS and its many British TV shows . Professor Tempest’s new season starts in a couple weeks . I love that one . I was sorry to see Call The Midwife and Grantchester end but as they say , all good things must come to an end . The Britcoms are my favorite . Last of The Summer Wine is my very favorite especially the ones with Foggy Dewhurst in them . Doc Martin is a scream ! There’s a US version now but it won’t ever equal the British original . I would , however , very much welcome a lengthy run of Monty Python to once again grace my television set .
 
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Can't anyone come up with an original idea??? My mother LOVED that show, though something about it rubbed me the wrong way... I really didn't like the wife.
It had some regulars from other British shows like the sour old woman from Waiting For God and I liked that but the thing about Doc Martin , for me , was the weird cast of strange characters that populated Portwenn . Louisa wasn’t a perfect match for Martin but I think that was by design . Now let’s talk about the true star of the show . P.C. Penhale 🤣 !
 

Most reactions

Back
Top