Show Off Your Tank!

Cazgar... Crypts would look well... and loads of them! :D

Jourdan... What kind of look are you wanting?

Minstrel... Biohazard is correct. They are Draecena (sp??) and are actually plants that sometimes are used in Palludariums so need to be exposed from the water. They should do well on your windowsill though. :good:

You must forgive me I just bought pretty looking plants from the shop :blush: which one is the one I should remove? Thanks folks glad I posted now :)

The plants to remove are the white and green ones, there look to be 4 or 5 bunches of them at the front on the right hand side?

The plants to remove are the white and green ones, there look to be 4 or 5 bunches of them at the front on the right hand side?

Three bunches so should I put them in water on my windowsill? Thanks will remove :)

Looks to be 1 green and white variagted one, 2 green and yellow variagated ones and then one green one.

They would be fine to leave in there for a day or two until you got some to replace them with... They are commonly sold in aquatics shops as they're pretty popular due to their looks etc, but are infact no good in a fully submersed environment.

Looks to be 1 green and white variagted one, 2 green and yellow variagated ones and then one green one.

They would be fine to leave in there for a day or two until you got some to replace them with... They are commonly sold in aquatics shops as they're pretty popular due to their looks etc, but are infact no good in a fully submersed environment.

Ahhh super thanks so do I put them in a jar with water?

Just plant them in some compost, but keep the roots moist. :) Seems to be 4 along the front row. Unsure if there is one at the back in the middle also? If it is the same then remove it, if not then leave it.

Cazgar... Crypts would look well... and loads of them! :D

Jourdan... What kind of look are you wanting?

Minstrel... Biohazard is correct. They are Draecena (sp??) and are actually plants that sometimes are used in Palludariums so need to be exposed from the water. They should do well on your windowsill though. :good:

I want a more natural cliffside approach, not just a boxy formation like what I have. I have tried just piling them, but my guys really like their caves and since they are bigger, rockpiles just do not give them that type of cave space. How do I create caves big enough for a 6inch fish, but have a more natural cliffside type appearance?

this is a great thread ... I'll be checking back for inspiration while I'm setting up my Juwel

Bigger, rounder (not smooth) rock work. You can create some great caves with these and often look more natural compared to squared off rocks!

Just plant them in some compost, but keep the roots moist. :) Seems to be 4 along the front row. Unsure if there is one at the back in the middle also? If it is the same then remove it, if not then leave it.

Yep just the 4 I will replace them in the next day or two and then plant them in compost, one of them has been in there about a week though, I don't want them to just die so will get compost before removing them. Thanks again :)

But I got such an amazing deal on these rocks!! Free at the cliffside a few miles from my house!

I am thinking about breaking them apart, as someone else had suggested to see if this makes building with them a little easier. Also, I would like to add plants (fake) to my mbuna tank, for a little added color. I have 1 ps socolofi, 1 ps acei, and 1 ps elongatus. What are the odds of them shredding plastic or silk plants?

I am hoping to perfect this rockwork technique before I set up my next tank. For his b-day, I am setting up a 65g Ps.Demosani tank for the hubs. White rock piles and white sand, so that the blue in the fish REALLY stand out :)

287bee.jpg

Looks like my Goldfish are doing some synchronised swimming in this one :D

15n22au.jpg

sgtuko.jpg

14nllkn.jpg

Watch out for those goldies! If they get any bigger, those guppies might become a light snack! Very nice tank though :)

Watch out for those goldies! If they get any bigger, those guppies might become a light snack! Very nice tank though :)

Yes I've been a bit wary with those, especially after my Golden Orfe once feasted on almost my entire tank in one night! They ended up in the garden pond after that! That was about 5 years ago now & 1 of the Ofter was 1lb 12oz the last time I weighed it!

I've had these Goldfish for around 2 years now & they've never eaten any of my fish before, but saying that they were never as big as these... I'll keep an eye out but they will probably also end up in the pond, especially if my guppies have fry.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back