Recommend Some Good Anime

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anyone seen Tales From Earthsea yet? I know it came out over a year ago already, but I still haven't seen it. Have it on my computer though, so maybe this week.

IMHO, Earthsea was good but it wasn't comparable to other Ghibli greats like Spirited Away and Porco Rosso etc. On its own it was a good movie though, however i was kinda disappointed with the ending, and while the artwork was great, i didn't find the plot as enjoyable as other movies. I'd still recommend it, but i don't think it is as good as a lot of other Ghibli movies.

Some of my favorites are: Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Blood plus, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Ergo Proxy, and Fullmetal Alchemist. Thats a few of them if you want some more just ask :) . I don't know what kind of TV service you have but Cartoon network shows alot of anime on Saturdays after 10 or 11, Fuse shows some on friday night, and Sci Fi shows some on Monday night.

Cheers,
mikaila31

Yay!!!! Anime fans!! I've been watching anime for around 10 years and am a hard core fan!! Loved some of the suggestions above! Wolfs Rain, Trigun, Blood +, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach are all awesome! My favorite series that I just finished is Samurai Champloo ( they made a video game of it on one of the gaming systems!!) Death Note is one of my favorites too...Some more I can add are:

Paranoia Agent
Gilgamesh
Hellsing
Aquarian Age
Full Metal Panic
Noein
Samurai Gun
Madlax

I havent seen thes yet but they sound good and are on my Netflix Que:
Tide-Line Blue, Trinity Blood..

Paranoia agent was OK, I saw that a long time ago.
Noein is pretty good, the animation is different than what I'm use to.

I forgot about samurai champloo, but that is a really good show too.
Also Karas is really good, the story line is weird, but I love the characters and the animation and dubbing is excellent.

My dad does the blockbuster total access thing, but he'd never me request anime :p. I stick mainly with the stuff aired on TV, last weekend Bleach ep. 59 and death note ep. 25 aired, boy that was one eventful night. When you have too wait a whole week between episodes you get really excited when it finally comes on. Cliffhangers :rolleyes:, lets just say death note ep. 25 preview had me freaking out all week :lol: . I have a hard time watching subs, with shows like death note I never even think about it(I need english to add the creepiness and craziness), but $10 says I start watching bleach subbed when they take it off the air to dub more episodes. I love bleach, it just has too much filler and too many side stories and I'm not that patient.

Adult swim(late night cartoon network) has been really lacking in the anime department lately :/ . They only show Bleach, Death note, and Inuyasha reruns. They've been running Inuyasha for over 5 years now, you'd think they would give it a rest. Inuyasha is the show that got me into anime, but I really can't stand it anymore :p. I stopped like 6 episodes from the end :lol:. What did you think about it?

Ah it sucks that you guys in the jolly old USA get to see new anime's so much sooner than us brits do :| . I have to agree with you guys though that samurai champloo its great stuff, 'tis an awesome anime and one my fav's- the stories in each episodes are great (although there were one or too which i though were a bit bleh) and its great to see some good old fashioned Edo kicking ass action with a modern twist :D .

OK, I don't watch alot of anime, but one show that I've been watching (and enjoying) is Avatar, may not be as 'highbrow' (if thats the right term) as some of the others mentioned (don't even know if you would class it anime) but might be worth a look.

I am a Manga/Anime fan but I don't really have much. I'm into the sort of sci-fi/mecha stuff. Specifically the classic Akira, Ghost in the Shell (1 and 2), Blood the last vampire etc. Even the Animatrix films were very watchable. I'm not so sure about all the cutesy stuff. I have a friend who is really into all of that! He leant me something that looks good called Sky Blue. Not had a chance to watch it yet.

Oh, I really liked the Macros/Macros+ movie/series :) These are the sorts of stuff I'm into. Any recommendations?

Edit: Really like some of the martial artsy based anime, like fist of the north star, crying freeman etc. Also a lot of the Ghibli films :)

I am a Manga/Anime fan but I don't really have much. I'm into the sort of sci-fi/mecha stuff. Specifically the classic Akira, Ghost in the Shell (1 and 2), Blood the last vampire etc. Even the Animatrix films were very watchable. I'm not so sure about all the cutesy stuff. I have a friend who is really into all of that! He leant me something that looks good called Sky Blue. Not had a chance to watch it yet.

Oh, I really liked the Macros/Macros+ movie/series :) These are the sorts of stuff I'm into. Any recommendations?

Edit: Really like some of the martial artsy based anime, like fist of the north star, crying freeman etc. Also a lot of the Ghibli films :)
Well theres Blood Plus, which is based off the movie Blood the last Vampire. And Ghost in the Shell has also been made into a series and has a third movie called Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society. You might like Samurai Champloo.

Anyone seen Fooly Cooly? :p

you might wanna check out some of these. These are what i would rate them. I hope you like them

12 kingdoms - Action Drama - ***1/2
Azumanga diaoh - Comedy - *****
Ai Yori Aoshi - Romantic Comedy - ***
Bakuretsu Hunters(Witch Hunters) - Action Comedy - ***
Burst angel - Action - ***1/2
Full Metal Panic - Action - ****
Gantz - Still watching thisone but it's really good so far
Genshiken - Comedy - ****1/2
Gunsword - Action - *****
Haibane Renmei - Philisophical - ***
Honey and Clover - Drama/Comedy (if that makes sense)- *****
Kare Kano - Romantic comedy - ***