Recommend Some Good Anime

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
So i am strting to wtch alot of anime again.and want some good shows i shoiuld watch.

I have just finished s2 of bleach.

anyone recommend some good shows to get into. ( i am off work Again, as a twat at work shook my chair and triggered my sciatica)

Yay anime fan. ^.^
Hehe anyways with your age, I wouldn't know because I don't watch mature anime.
But one anime I highly recommend is Full Metal Alchemist.
That anime/manga was great beyond words.
Some of my other favourites were Chrno Crusade, FLCL, Inuyasha, Naruto, Trigun, D. Grey-Man, and Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master) [GAR is a way better manga then anime].
I would like to say Bleach was a good choice. (=
Those are personally choice I like but I haven't gotten into any new anime/manga recently and next time I have more money I will go browsing around the book store. ^_^

Finished Bleach
Started Elfen Lie
and Claymore

Some of my favorites are: Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Blood plus, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Ergo Proxy, and Fullmetal Alchemist. Thats a few of them if you want some more just ask :) . I don't know what kind of TV service you have but Cartoon network shows alot of anime on Saturdays after 10 or 11, Fuse shows some on friday night, and Sci Fi shows some on Monday night.

Cheers,
mikaila31

i would highly recommend full metal alchimest, naruto, chrno crusade, trigun, ghost in the shell.

what i did was get my friend to get all the episodes for me and burn them on to cd so i could put them on my computer and wtch them, i find that downloading works best. like on tv you would have to wait for a week to see the nest episode were if you download the whole series you can just watch everyone whenever you want

What sort of anime are you into in general?

my tastes are acclectic in general - i used to watch whatever Anime bravo used to show and on Adult Swim. but hate hentai.
Watched Howls moving Castle and Laputa Again - Love these.
Paprika is really good i you've not watched that yet.

Some of my favorites are: Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Blood plus, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Ergo Proxy, and Fullmetal Alchemist. Thats a few of them if you want some more just ask :) . I don't know what kind of TV service you have but Cartoon network shows alot of anime on Saturdays after 10 or 11, Fuse shows some on friday night, and Sci Fi shows some on Monday night.

Cheers,
mikaila31

Not watched Wolfs Rain, will search for that
Blood+ discovered this over the weekend i am really liking it. Loved the Film.
Bleach EP 138 was Great

will have a look at Ergo Proxy :good:

i would highly recommend full metal alchimest, naruto, chrno crusade, trigun, ghost in the shell.

what i did was get my friend to get all the episodes for me and burn them on to cd so i could put them on my computer and wtch them, i find that downloading works best. like on tv you would have to wait for a week to see the nest episode were if you download the whole series you can just watch everyone whenever you want

Thanks for Chrono Crusade and Trigun Recommends. :good:

Claymore was really good, can't wait for new episodes

I am now watching Blood +, Heroic Age, and Starting Basilisk.

Also Guys, whats the name of this old Anime i watched on Channel 4 years ago.
it was about a bunch of high school students an these weird things kept hapening to them and them somewhere in the film toys/buildings/cars started joing together and were heading for a hopsital where a freind was receiving treatment. I remember there was this really quite girl (a bit like Sado in Bleach), who was huge and she was shot over 10 times and did not die.

or these could be a couple of ilms as my memories not that great.

Also there was a 3 short film one, with a guy who swallows the wrong cold pill and accidently takes an experimental WMD pill.

Hm...For a good bitchy girly highschool anime i would recommend Peach Girl, i'm really getting into this anime of late, it basically follows the story of a misunderstood and attractive but very shy highschool girl called Momo who's stuck between two guys who both fancy her but show it in completely different ways, while she's vying for her secrete loves attention, her so-called friend does everything she can to break up Momo's relationships and friendships with other people at her highschool.
How can she get the guy of her dreams to notice and trust her when almost everyone else doesn't (which she totally doesn't deserve BTW)?

I have to admit, i haven't been so hooked on an anime series for ages...Peach Girl kicks ass :) .

Good anime series i've finished watching long time ago which i really liked would be;

Fruits Basket: Follows story of a highschool girl called Tohru who gets involved with the mysterious wealthy Sohma family and its household, she finds out that many of the people in the Sohma family turn into animals of the Zodiac when hugged by the opposite sex- but this is just the surface of the dark history of the family, it has manu secrets to reveal yet.

Its a really wonderful anime, its well drawn and the storys are funny but full of emotion too, they show very real human problems and focus on the difficulties of human relationships and characters...Its one of the anime's that may bring a tear to your eye at some points :) .

I'd also recommend Samurai Champloo (kick ass samurai anime series set in Edo japan, but with hip hop), its probably one of those aquired taste things but somehow it just really works really well with the hip hop music and samurai action, the fighting scenes are very good and its a well drawn anime too. The characters are very deep too, each has their own dark history and past to hide, and although totally different from each other, they somehow unite in a common cause brought together by Fuu, the lead female character in the series.

I'd obviously recommend Miyazaki's other films if you haven't seen them all yet, personally i love them all even though many of them are very different to each other :) .

Man...Too many anime's that i love to list really! My DVD collection comprises of a large chunk of animes, both films and series...I love the dark side of Wolfs Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist and Akira, but i love the crazy humor of Excel Saga, the beautiful stories of Miyazaki, to the light hearted funny series like Love Hina and Azumanga etc etc :good: .

Hows the anime search thing going Gill :) ?

Still Watching Bleach, Claymore, and Heroic Age. Discovered VEOH and its awesome, D/Loads an episode in under 5 Mins.

I found Movieforumz and just absically watch whatever is in the Anime Section

Watching Inyusha aswell.

I just bought the first volume of Inuyasha quite literally a couple of days ago, i've heard its very good, but i haven't got around to viewing it just yet as i've been totally hooked on Naruto after i recieved season two in the post the other day :D .

npt sure if this is relevant at all but...
there is a channel on Sky (199)
called anime central. it broadcasts 9pm to 6am

npt sure if this is relevant at all but...
there is a channel on Sky (199)
called anime central. it broadcasts 9pm to 6am

thanks wolfie, will check it out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back