New bichir with weird coloring

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Connershawzz

Reaction score
Got this Senegal bichir 2 days ago , acting pretty normal today has been more active more towards the top ( I also have a Delhezi in the tank along with 3 sword tail) they are sitting in my breeder tank till their tank is cycled which will be done in a week or so. Iā€™m a bit concerned because she seems to have these weird colorings black on some of her back fins and then a bit of red on the tail fin. Iā€™ve had bichir with ammonia poisoning before and this doesnā€™t look the same nor is she acting the same , i havenā€™t seen this before in a Senegal , I just want to make sure sheā€™s ok before I put her in my freshly cycled tank with my delhezi and my new ansorgii who gets here next week

Tested my water and everything is where it should be , Iā€™m taking it in to the local fish mart to have it tested tomorrow to make sure. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3559.jpeg
    IMG_3559.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3561.jpeg
    IMG_3561.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 9
Got a new sand substrate (cleaned it of course) I added all the quick start stuff added a plant and was gonna let it cycle for a week or 2 adding the quick start in the middle again to help that bacteria. Any suggestions (obviously I have more decors for them (live plants , caves)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 5
Black patches on fish is normally chemical burns (exposed to chlorine/ chloramine or something that poisoned/ burnt the fish). It normally clears up by itself over a month.

The new tank needs a picture on the back and some tall plants like Ambulia and Hygrophila polysperma along the back. Maybe some Hygrophila ruba on the sides.

Most reactions

Back