Recommend Some Good Anime

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ahhhh, Anime. A brilliant genre, especially when you consider what western animation houses have been doing at the same time, yes the animation is often great, but even when it is a little sketchy, the storytelling usually more than makes up for it.

I have the Guyver VHS's in my collection, a great series. I also have up to episode 36 of Robotech on DVD. I also love the films, Akira is just a masterpiece, As is Studio Ghibli's Castle in the sky and Princess Mononocke. Detonator Orgun is a decent film too. i must get the other films in the studio Ghibli collection like Porco Rosso and Howl's Moving Castle.

another ghibli fan, i got a 12 film boxset for under 30 quid from ebay.

Hi guys, another Anime fan here. B)

I'm looking for some new Anime to watch, can anyone recommend me some?
I enjoy a good story/plot to follow, just finished Berserk (loved it, even though the ending was a bit err).
I've already watched FMA, Death Note, PlanetES, GTO, Bebop and enjoyed them all, so anything like those would be great.

thanks,

if you like cutesy studio ghibli stuff try my neighbour totoro, amazingly wierd and cute at the same time!!!

While we're on this, any cutesy recommendations anyone??

*sugar the little now fairy is also ADORABLE!*

if you like cutesy studio ghibli stuff try my neighbour totoro, amazingly wierd and cute at the same time!!!
I love ghibli, seen most of em though, faves being Nausicaa, Laputa and Spirited away.

While we're on this, any cutesy recommendations anyone??
I tend to avoid the cutesy stuff, but you might like to try Lucky Star, Ohran Koko Host Club, Dennou Coil, all which have 'cutesy' characters.

I love ghibli, seen most of em though, faves being Nausicaa, Laputa and Spirited away.

I love those films as well. laputa i have watched over and over again without ever being bored.

I only just started to watch Ergo Proxy the Other day, Really Good so far.

Death Note is my favorite ATM :) . Its like a chess game of death, with everyone going crazy :D .

I watched 1 Ep of Death note, I think i'll start watching it after i finisg Ergo Proxy. Pity Stage6 Closed Last Night, I hope VEOH keeps going.

Death Note,

thanks,

OMG This is insane, its the best TV/Anime i have ever watched.

I'm not a huge fan of anime but watched a film called 'Grave of the fireflies' last year. It damn near destroyed me and is now in my favourite 5 films of all time. I'd highly recommend it (with a side order of prozac)

Death Note,

thanks,

OMG This is insane, its the best TV/Anime i have ever watched.

I'm not a huge fan of anime but watched a film called 'Grave of the fireflies' last year. It damn near destroyed me and is now in my favourite 5 films of all time. I'd highly recommend it (with a side order of prozac)

Glad You Like Grave of the Fireflies. It is in my Top 5 All time films - Amazing Film and such tragedy and heartache.
Her Little tin of sweets at the end. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Finished Death Note - An Amazing Plot line and Ending.

I need something new now guys.
Are there Any Good Mythological Anime around - Dragons Demons etc.

Probably the only Ghibli movie I will not watch. Actually, I've been 'banned' from watching it by my other half =P As for all the other Ghibli movies, they're all brilliant. Favourite must be Howl's Moving Castle. You do need to watch them in Japanese with English subs though, they're just not the same in English. I can't watch any of the anime in English.

Anyone seen Tales From Earthsea yet? I know it came out over a year ago already, but I still haven't seen it. Have it on my computer though, so maybe this week.

Regarding the shows instead of movies ... I *love* Love Hina (Rabu Hina). It has the best music, best characters and funniest plot. Love it.

Just finished watching Mahou Sensei Negima, up until the last 5 or so episodes it was brilliant. Wasn't very keen on the ending. Will start watching Fruits Basket soon.
As you probably realise by now, I'm not much into the 'fights' type of anime =P

Probably the only Ghibli movie I will not watch. Actually, I've been 'banned' from watching it by my other half =P As for all the other Ghibli movies, they're all brilliant. Favourite must be Howl's Moving Castle. You do need to watch them in Japanese with English subs though, they're just not the same in English. I can't watch any of the anime in English.

Anyone seen Tales From Earthsea yet? I know it came out over a year ago already, but I still haven't seen it. Have it on my computer though, so maybe this week.

Regarding the shows instead of movies ... I *love* Love Hina (Rabu Hina). It has the best music, best characters and funniest plot. Love it.

Just finished watching Mahou Sensei Negima, up until the last 5 or so episodes it was brilliant. Wasn't very keen on the ending. Will start watching Fruits Basket soon.
As you probably realise by now, I'm not much into the 'fights' type of anime =P

It reall Is that Heartwrenching isn't it.
I really like Howls Moving Castle have watched it Many Times.
If i need cheering up then Totoro always wins or Laputa.
I'm not really into the cutesy anime. More violent the better for me.
Finished DLing Berserk and about to watch it and DragonLance the Movie.

Most reactions

trending

Back