Random Discussion

My grandma like to feed the lizard when it gets in the house!

Thai people believes that monitor lizard are an animal that bring lucks...

I saw a shadowy figure run behind the closet next to my fish room yesterday, Now I can’t do a water change at night time and have to move to my mom’s room, I can’t even stay alone at night!

I shouldn’t have read too many ghost novel.
Are you sure it wasn't your shadow?

Well that’s... interesting. The worst I get here is mice. :lol:

(Except that one time I had a spider crawling on my neck in the middle of the night. :sly:)
My place has more species of spider than there are in the entire country (well not quite but close to it).

I have had so many different things in this place it isn't funny. I killed a 6 inch red cockroach in the kitchen last night. The ants came from wherever they live and are currently taking it apart and cleaning up the body.

I have been killing hundreds of black introduces millipedes that swarm in here when it rains. The doors are windows are shut when this happens and I still can't figure out how they are getting in.

I got the mouse in the house the other day but it sounds like there is still one in here somewhere chewing on the polystyrene foam for my model trains.

I have had lizards, geckos, slugs, snails, giant gold beetles, tiny little flies that can land on the fly screen and walk through the holes in the flyscreen. I even had a tiger snake in here a few months after I moved in. I was sitting in my chair and saw this thing out of the corner of my eye. I looked across and there was a 2 foot tiger snake crawling next to the wall. I went oh fuplie and lifted my feet up. I don't have shoes and don't like playing with poisonous snakes when I am wearing thongs. Took me a few hours to get it out of the house.

My grandma like to feed the lizard when it gets in the house!

Thai people believes that monitor lizard are an animal that bring lucks...
Monitor lizards are quite tasty but don't let them bite you because they have lots of nasty bacteria in their mouth from eating rotten food. But cooked slowly over a camp fire with some sweet potatoes and they make splendid grub.

We have massive snapping turtles in our pond!

My mom and I were doing some yard work down by our pond, which is also next to our driveway, and also next to the entrance to our horse pasture, and a great big snapping turtle was crossing the driveway! We caught it in a bucket, and set the bucket in the lake so it could have access to water while we decided what to do with it (we didn’t want it in the pond, they eat the goslings and wood duck ducklings) but it jumped and knocked the bucket over and escaped!
Where I live ponds can end up with alligators living in them. A guy with several acres of land just down from my house had a good size pond dug about a year ago. We get a lot of rain here and the pond is full of water. I was walking the dogs a couple of days ago and saw about a 3 foot alligator living in it.

No, not at all...I used to let them bite me all of the time when I was a kid, didn't even break the skin...my grandfather would hang them from his ears like earrings, lol
When I was a kid I used to do the same thing except with baby snapping turtles. I chased my little brother around sticking the little black turtles on him, he ended up with three snapping turtles hanging from his back. My mother beat the living you know what out of me for doing that.

Are you sure it wasn't your shadow?

My place has more species of spider than there are in the entire country (well not quite but close to it).

I have had so many different things in this place it isn't funny. I killed a 6 inch red cockroach in the kitchen last night. The ants came from wherever they live and are currently taking it apart and cleaning up the body.

I have been killing hundreds of black introduces millipedes that swarm in here when it rains. The doors are windows are shut when this happens and I still can't figure out how they are getting in.

I got the mouse in the house the other day but it sounds like there is still one in here somewhere chewing on the polystyrene foam for my model trains.

I have had lizards, geckos, slugs, snails, giant gold beetles, tiny little flies that can land on the fly screen and walk through the holes in the flyscreen. I even had a tiger snake in here a few months after I moved in. I was sitting in my chair and saw this thing out of the corner of my eye. I looked across and there was a 2 foot tiger snake crawling next to the wall. I went oh fuplie and lifted my feet up. I don't have shoes and don't like playing with poisonous snakes when I am wearing thongs. Took me a few hours to get it out of the house.

Monitor lizards are quite tasty but don't let them bite you because they have lots of nasty bacteria in their mouth from eating rotten food. But cooked slowly over a camp fire with some sweet potatoes and they make splendid grub.
AAAAAAAAAAARGH! ?? Burn down the house and run away!

I feel you on that one. I heard one of those little fuplie things last night, at around 1:30 in the morning. :rolleyes:

Where I live ponds can end up with alligators living in them. A guy with several acres of land just down from my house had a good size pond dug about a year ago. We get a lot of rain here and the pond is full of water. I was walking the dogs a couple of days ago and saw about a 3 foot alligator living in it.
Wow! Yeah we have never had alligators and I am THANKFUL for that!

Most reactions

Back