Quickly Cycle A Tank To Combat Ammonia Poisoning - How?!

You can change the water with the goby in same tank. Just as long you leave enough water to swim, at least the length of fish height of water. And add dechlorinated temp matched water when refilling.

So no need to keep putting the fish into another tank to do water changes, this in fact is probably detrimental to the fish's health as is more stressful catching and releasing between tank water changes all the time.

First off, the ammonia oxidizing microorganisms in fw and sw are not the same. That means, dpending on the salinity you have a brackish tank at, you should not necessarily use the fw One and Only but rather the sw version instead. The information on this is on Dr. Hovanec's site.

I have a Brackish water tank – which bacteria is for me?

The choice of whether to use the Freshwater One & Only or the Saltwater One & Only bacteria in a brackish water tank depends upon the salinity (or specific gravity [S.G.]) of your water.
If your salinity is less than 10 ppt (1.007 S.G.) then use the freshwater formula.
If your salinity is greater than 10 ppt (1.007 S.G.) then use the saltwater formula.
from http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/resources/helpful-hints/one-and-only-nitrifying-bacteria-faqs

If you would like help on how to use Dr. Tim's product, let me know.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back