Questions on Mollies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You likely will not be testing GH, once you know the tap water GH. If you need to adjust parameters for some reason then a GH and possibly KH tyest is useful, but this is not as easy as it soounds (adjusting parameters). If you do like most of us and ascertain the GH (especially) of your source water, this is not going to alter much if at all in the aquarium (unless you target it, that's another story) so you just acquire fish suited to your water GH.

The API Master Combo is pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and these four are or can be/should be tested periodically, or frequently, at the first sign of trouble, etc.
Ok, then I will be purchasing the Master Kit then for the pH, ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate come Tuesday.

Yea so my best bet is to order the gh and kh test kit, along with the master test kit so I can test everything in the water on a regular basis.

You won't likely need a GH/KH test. We previously determined your water is soft; unless you specifically target this in the aquarium (another story) it is going to remain soft, and the pH will tend to be on the acidic side (below 7.0). Soft water fish species prefer this, so staying with these means you can use your tap water as is (with a conditioner obviously). The mollies however will not last long, so re-homing them would be a good idea.

The API Master Combo tests pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, and it is wise to have these tests available. They don't last forever though, the regents do have a shelf life that varies depending upon the date, brand, exposure to temperature, etc.

H'm, not sure what happened here...I had typed out a post and then it disappeared, so I did another on the same topic, now both are showing. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back