Pond filter recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GobyMaster11276

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,

The impeller of my (admittedly not amazing) pond filter went during routine maintenance yesterday and I am in need of a replacement. Since I cannot remember the model or brand of my current one (having bought it years ago secondhand), I am looking for something new to help keep the water clean between weekly work. My pond is 300l with a low stocking of only 3 goldfish in it, for reference.

I am currently considering this filter, although for some reason, it is listed as for a tank up to 90l (despite circulating 400l/hr). What reason could there be for that? And, assuming it is suitable for my use, what other issues could there be? Cheers.

Filters usually have a turnover of several times the tank volume per hour, anything from 3 times up to 10 times. That filter, with a turnover of 400 litres per hour for a tank of 90 litres, has a turnover of roughly 4.5 times the tank volume per hour which is fairly typical.

If your pond is 300 litres, you need a filter rated for a 300 litre tank/pond. The turnover is likely to be anything from 1000 litres per hour upwards. And one suitable for outdoors, assuming that's where it is.

Filters usually have a turnover of several times the tank volume per hour, anything from 3 times up to 10 times. That filter, with a turnover of 400 litres per hour for a tank of 90 litres, has a turnover of roughly 4.5 times the tank volume per hour which is fairly typical.

If your pond is 300 litres, you need a filter rated for a 300 litre tank/pond. The turnover is likely to be anything from 1000 litres per hour upwards. And one suitable for outdoors, assuming that's where it is.
Yep, it’s outdoors! I might have a look at 2000l/hr, so that I have a bit of extra movement. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back