Pics! Setting Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, the tank has been running with perfect stats for a couple of days. It had a little nitrate (.25 to .50 and back to .25) the first two days, no ammonia ever. But these are dirty boys and who knows maybe girls. I've already rinsed out the microfiber pre filter.

So I have 6 Mobas, 3 red fin Lu Bufu compressiceps, 4 clown loaches, and 6 multi Synos all wild caught in the new tank.
Whenever I come w/the camera the clowns run for cover, and the Synos tend to disappear too. But there are lots of eyes peering from the rocks. :wub:
PA010063.jpg

PA010064.jpg

PA010005.jpg

PA0100062.jpg

P9300086.jpg

The Bismarks in the adjacent tank are traumatized since I took the Mobas out. No one but the comps and the synos come to dinner. The Fronts used to gather at the tank top at breakfast and dinner time to feed. I suppose the Mobas are too busy checking out the new digs, and the Bismarks are lonely.

Thanks, Cheffi, I am actually. It's over the top, but it turned out ok. I think the fish will do ok, although the tank is a little small.

I hope the clowns will get bolder. They are a little stressed. I am uncertain whether to go ahead and add my other clowns to help relieve the new guys stress or to wait to see how these do.

Yep, looking good jollysue, really nice. :good:

:blush: thanks, people. :D

nukeonekitty, I always go to see your fish, but then there isn't a picture, so I haven't a clue. I'm new to Africans and am a know nothing.

Hey Sue, like I've said Before I'm not keen on these double hoods, though I like the lighting.

Also is that a pic of you I see above the tank?

Hey Sue, like I've said Before I'm not keen on these double hoods, though I like the lighting.

Also is that a pic of you I see above the tank?

You are a bit slow there jay, check our Sue's profile :hey:

Yeah I know, I am going to try and get some good shots tonight because I'm pumped with new fish... my camera just doesn't seem to be able to get movement through the glass very well... we will see how they turn out!

I was most pleased tonight. When I was getting ready to leave for work, I was so tempted to be late and take pics.

The Zaire Mobas were all out, having staked their respective spots. The comps are always out and not a bit shy. And my clown that I have had from my first Eclipse 12 (purchased for a goldie feeder save) was boldly going where the new ones seldom go.

The tank could use another foot of rock, but I left the corner at one end open sand. It is where I drop the food. I feed live California black worms, locally harvested and daily cleaned in the mornings when I get home and most often NewLifeSpectrum sinking pellets in the evening/afternoon.

The Mobas range from about 6" to 3". I don't know yet if any are female.

There was some concern recently that I would not house these fish appropriately. Well, of course, no wild caught fish can be house correctly, only humanely. And there are some individual differences of opinion there. As for now, I am satisfied that these fish are fine in their quarters. More rock will be added along the way. (It has about $80/60 lbs or so--I forget--now.) In addition the worth of wild caught Zaire Moba frontosas is such that I have no doubt I can sell them on AquaBid without a loss if necessary. I won't need to just dump them at the lfs. Well, I just wanted to say that.

I also took some hits for having wall to wall tanks. Not the first hit, but it was the first I have gotten on TFF.

Well, enough of that.

So in the next few days, I hope to get a shot of the Mobas staked out at their stations. They are a beautiful fish. My only sorrow is that Cheffi's couch is situated in a way that blocks a view of the bottom of the tank as I am watching TV. :look:

If you have suggestions for me, I'd be glad to hear.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back