PheonixKingZ’s Freshwater Journal.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hey guys! So I have a question. Can I feed my ZN snail just algae, as long as there is a lot in my tank? Or does it need a blanched cucumber as an addition to his diet? Thanks! :)

Try pulling the panty hose as tight as you can to stretch it open more. I have to hand clean food and debris off of mine at times. A sponge filter may be better and are cheap.

Thank you! :)

(What about the ZN snails diet? ^)

You got me on that one. I’ve never had ZN’s.

Big growth!!

So you guys know that I have a DIY tank with plants/moss right? (Aka 2L bottle), well.....this Anacharis has grown a LOT. I have dirt, capped with gravel in the DIY tank. It has grown so much! :)
07E0D868-0CC7-4247-AC27-4FD5EB15268C.jpeg

Hey guys! So I have a question. Can I feed my ZN snail just algae, as long as there is a lot in my tank? Or does it need a blanched cucumber as an addition to his diet? Thanks! :)
I’m not sure about blanches cucumber. Like Deanasue, I have never kept nerite snails.

If you’re worried about running out of algae, you can always feed algae wafers.

Best of luck.

I am not really concerned about running out of algae, it’s just I didn’t know if a ZN snail could happily live with a diet of only algae. :)

I am not really concerned about running out of algae, it’s just I didn’t know if a ZN snail could happily live with a diet of only algae. :)
https://aquariuminfo.org/zebraneritesnail.html

This article states that nerite snails only require additional food supplements, if there is low organic matter or not enough algae in the aquarium.

It states you can feed them boiled vegetables too.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you @Guppylover3x!

Ok guys, so BIG NEWS!

Look at my Anacharis, in my DIY plant “hatchery”! It has grown a TON! No liquid fertilizer’s, no root tabs, no nothing. Just light, dirt capped my gravel, and a piece of moss.

It has grown over at least 4 in. In less than 2 weeks. If you look on page #2, post #21, you can see how little it is there. https://www.fishforums.net/threads/pheonixkingzs-freshwater-journal.452258/page-2

What do you guys think!? :)

Note: I did raise the water level about 2 or 3 in.

Before....
AD9B82B9-B884-4FE1-A3A4-AD82FE3823CB.jpeg

Today.....
2AE101CB-2E6D-4ED9-AD92-5295677CA093.jpeg

Hey guys! So here is the skinny.....

I have a algae problem. How do I get the algae to go away? Thanks! :)

Algae is caused by too much light or too many nutrients, and not enough plants to use the light or nutrients.

Either reduce the light and or nutrients, or add more plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back