PheonixKingZ’s Freshwater Journal.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok guys, so I have a problem. My Anacharis is doing great, in my little DIY plant “hatchery”, but.........IT IS SO OVERGROWN NOW!

I first thought it wouldn’t grow, but now it has run out of surface space! What do I do? Do I try to find something taller? Do I need to move the taller plant back to my 2.5 gal. Tank? What do I do? (Here is a picture)

C72A9429-064E-4CDF-8858-4339EA35BC21.jpeg

I haven't done this yet (mine still has room to grow) but I read you can cut it and replant the top section???

True, true....I just wanted to have a really tall one, in my tank. Do you think I should trim it? If you do trim it, it would never look the same. I wanted a really tall one. What do you think? :)

If you want a really tall one in your tank don't cut it lol! Put it in your tank under the light, it'll be fine as long as you don't damage the root when moving it.

I know that. But as I mentioned above, ^ I have dirt under the gravel, and if I move the Anacharis plant to my 2.5 gal. It is tremendously stunt the growth. Unless there is a way to “surround” the roots of the plant with dirt, when moving it to the 2.5 gal. :)

I don't think it will stunt the growth, mine is not in dirt and it grows well. They can even grow as floating plants so must get nutrients from the water.

So do you think I should move it to my 2.5 gal. Tank? :)

Hey guys! So I did move the big Anacharis plant to my 2.5 gal. And it’s doing great!

So here is the deal. My Birthday was yesterday and I got a $40 check form my grandma! (Don’t we just love our Grandmas? :D)
Anyway, I’m definitely going to use the money for setting up a 10 gal. Tank!

Make sure to “be on alert” for when I start, because it’s going to be exiting! :)

Thank you for your time, and I hope you guys have a wonderful evening! :)

Oh....thank you! :)

Ok guys, so I just did a water test with my brand new “API master test kit”! And here are the readings. (Please tell me if these are correct, for a healthy tank!)

ph: 7.4

Ammonia: 0.25-0 ppm (kind of hard to tell, but I’m leaning towards the 0 ppm)

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 0 ppm

I think all of these are correct, but just to make sure, I’m checking with you guys! Thank you for your time. :)

Hey guys!!!! Big news.....I got a 10 gal. Tank!!!!! There was one for sale at my LFS, and I just had to get it! It comes with a Tetra 2-10 gal. Heater (no box), a Tetra filter, (with about 4 cartridges), and a the 10 gal. Tank it’s self! Here is a picture of the tank.
980FC0FA-4D8B-4466-BF6F-9BF1DD201CE5.jpeg

For $15, I think this was a pretty good deal. I also got a “Lacy Java Fern”. @Colin_T and @Byron, how to I properly grow this plant? I have a piece of lava rock that has been in my tank for about 1 month, so Could I tie it to that?

Here is a picture.
3589BD13-F932-4E58-B4D5-B68EB8C7866D.jpeg

Does that look like a good piece? (Healthy?)

I can’t scape it now, because I don’t have any sand. Could I run it without a substrate? Also, if I did “bare bottom” the tank, then would I have to drain all of the water out of it, in order to put in the sand?

Lol, I’m sorry for all of the questions, but please help me!!!!! :)

Most reactions

trending

Back