Oscar.....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Only posting in this section cause I (still) do not know the diffs between "Old world" & "new world" cichlids....(will one of the Mods please help me)??

Tonight, at the pub tank,... (which everybody should know about by now)..... I asked for a few slices of cucumber with the intention of giving the Pleco a treat....... :lol: ..... The one Albino Oscar devoured every slice before it got to the bottom..... The other Oscars went up close, but did not eat any..... The one Albino ate all of it..... Unusuall, I'd say, or have anyone seen it before????
 
Old world is African cichlids and new world is south and central American cichlids, or did you know that bit already?lol
 
wow.. i haven`t yet manged to get an oscar to eat cucumber.. peas.. sometimes, but like children theyre not keen :lol:

did he crunch it up or just swallow it?? lol
 
Yep Oscars will eat veg and pretty much everything else they think is edible :)
 
wow.. i haven`t yet manged to get an oscar to eat cucumber.. peas.. sometimes, but like children theyre not keen :lol:

did he crunch it up or just swallow it?? lol

Just swallowed.... 2" diameter and about 1/8" thick.... just swallowed...... The last piece however did make him look funny though.... swam around with bloated cheecks and a cucumber smile for a long time..... so wish I had my camera there!
 
amazon :D so new world
:) Just took a wild guess when I suggested that.....Next time I'll know.


tbh thats really cool that you got one to eat cumber .. mine ate just flies generally, i wish my parents would let me set up another tank i would get one. if only i could get the exact same one again, i swear he was half albino ... well the ends of his fins were slightly white, looked really cool.
 
amazon :D so new world
:) Just took a wild guess when I suggested that.....Next time I'll know.


tbh thats really cool that you got one to eat cumber .. mine ate just flies generally, i wish my parents would let me set up another tank i would get one. if only i could get the exact same one again, i swear he was half albino ... well the ends of his fins were slightly white, looked really cool.

IMHO..... just lookit the eyes.... If it is red eyes, I (assume) he/she is an albino?????
 
amazon :D so new world
:) Just took a wild guess when I suggested that.....Next time I'll know.


tbh thats really cool that you got one to eat cumber .. mine ate just flies generally, i wish my parents would let me set up another tank i would get one. if only i could get the exact same one again, i swear he was half albino ... well the ends of his fins were slightly white, looked really cool.

IMHO..... just lookit the eyes.... If it is red eyes, I (assume) he/she is an albino?????

wasn't albino but did look great.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top