Oops, I Did It Again.

Malaysian trumpet snails and pink ramshorns :)

HAMBONE said:
Is anyone else disappointed that this thread wasn't aboot Britney Spears??
BEEP BEEP BEEP ( alarm sounds )
Hambone has left general chat!!! :eek:
This'll make front page for sure! :D

I was doing my normal sunday water changes when I noticed water lying under the 30L tank in the kitchen. I've noticed it for days.

My 30L is leaking.  I have platy fry in there, I have had to move them to the 64L and move oddball into the 95L with the 2 male and 2 female guppies,female platy and 6 cherry barbs. Cherry barbs do not nip but are quite shy so I don't want him picking on the.
I am going to move the bright yellow male into the 64L so that there's no conflict, the other male is black. So far so good. When I picked him up he was in a tank of guppies, just swimming about the back wall by himself. It's not an ideal situation and oddball is very shy at the best of times. If I am near the tank he freezes, when I move my hand he darts away super fast and hides behind the plants. I need to keep a close eye on him until I figure out what to do. 
There's a huge section of wisteria to hide behind plus slate, pebbles and wood so I am hoping it goes fine for a few weeks until I can move the platy fry into the 95L when they are big enough and move oddball back into his 64L.

Ny, I've replied on the other thread - have asked admin to remove it for me - check out the links if you're on fb x

Beautiful boy you got there.  His color pattern is what is known as "grizzle" and just a multi color as far as color (although I am sure that a big time breeder would have a more definite color like steel with red wash)

Thanks, here he is in the main tank. He is so active and just swims about by himself!
798902b4-d18f-4809-9456-f9ef5e910321_zpscc1c22b5.jpg

Since putting him into the big tank he has coloured up, he is very active and he seems happy, he's not hiding anymore. 
The tank is 95L, it's almost 3ft long and he swims right along the whole tank-proof they don't prefer tiny bowls! He doesn't bother anyone, just the cherry barbs but they get out of the way quick lol. The 30L isn't salvageable it cracked pretty bad when I did the schoolgirl error of lifting it in a panic and the pressure made it crack. It's binned. 

RIP 30 litre! :) glad oddball is having fun :D

Video please :)

I shall take a video tonight!

Firstly, this is WONDERFUL news Ny82, I saw you had got your new boy and was delighted for you and your daughter, yet could not respond as my PC has been on a go slow (as Mamashack advised).  Plus I have family staying so using my time on projects that needed doing.  Like yesterday, we cleared the garage and I now have a fish corner with all my spare tanks - more info on that project at a later date 
yes.gif
  Oh, yes and of course Betta Resistance is Futile 
59.gif

Mamashack said:
Has he got what is called marble colouring? In one of the photos he looks like Malcolm McDowell in the Clockwork Orange with one eye made up! lol 
You could call him Alex (his character in that film or even Malcolm!)
I like the name Alex, may have to steal that one ;)  Not so keen on Malcolm though.

Ny82 said:
It'e been years since I watched that! I really dislike the name malcolm!!! I think oddballs an awesome name!
I don't know what his official colouring would be called
confused.gif

My little one said lets call him blackberry because he's purple haha
Blackberry, is a cute name, but I see from later postings you have set yourself on Oddball?

Ny82 said:
Yeah definitely! RCA is the siamese fighter guru!
Aw sucks, thanks, I still have a lot to learn, but like to do my research on everything I own 
yes.gif

Ny82 said:
Thanks, he's very shy at the moment, when I switched the tank lights on he immediately swam to the bottom and sat on the sand. Made a good pic though
tongue2.gif

[deleted image]
Can you get some floating plants, as the Bettas like these, and it shields them from the light?  Have seen he is happier though since the move, probably because he feels he can get away from that "face" starring at him ;)

Ny82 said:
He is a cracker Ny82, reminds me somewhat of my recent loss. And he was great. Does he have a sort of irridescant shimmer to him like a moths wing? Blackberry is a great name, all my kids could come up with was Mr fish. Not too dissimilar to this.
[deleted image]

I know! They look similar! Yes he does, when he swims there's a yellow and pink sheen to him. Aww bless! Mr fish is adorable!

Here's the weird part. Yesterday he just looked white from a distance. Today he has darkened, his head is  mottled purple, the middle bit is a very strange orangey colour that his head was yesterday in that pic from earlier, the rest of his body is pastel blue and his fins are pastel blue with striking pink. What a concoction! 

I forgot to add-those who say siamese fighters can't swim fast have not seen mine-he moves at the speed of light when I go near the tank!
Fighters tend to cruise around but if they are after something or want to hide they can't half shift.  It is just they tend to not like strong currents due to their general cruising nature.
"Mr Fish" was indeed stunning as I responded in your previous post 372xp.

Shelster said:
Ah I was wondering where she was to.

We're missing you RCA!
Gee thanks, Shelster, I have been missing you all too...now so much to catch up on with limited time!

Ny82 said:
oh dear xD
either get a magfloat which you can use to scrub it away or snails xD
I had about 5000 snails! They just got out of hand, I sold so many! Now I have 1 in each tank!
I have Assassin Snails, they are great as they spend most of their time under the substrate, but keep pest snails at bay.  They stay fairly small and hunt at night generally, but if you do see them their colouring is quiet attractive.

Looking forward to the video.

He will settle in time as he realises you are the food monitor ;)  I always feed my fighters first before any of the other fish in the tank.  One thing that can assist him to get used to you is using some tongs (like the ones for planting/fishing) put some frozen blood worms or similar in the tongs and place it in the tank, and wait for him to come to it.  In time he will look out for you.  Mine who sleeps on his head, referred to earlier, aka nickname "Mr Rude" has actually started to look for me at feeding time since he was put in the 46L Edge.  Funny thing is with the Edge, you need to train them as to where you actually are as they can see you through the glass roof and can get somewhat confused as to where the human actually is.  I usually ripple the water behind them at the feeding hole and they soon turn and come for the food.  My little guy, now knows exactly where to come for his food and no longer darts away as he once did.  So with patience he will come to 
wub.png
you starring at him 
lookaround.gif

RCA welcome back! Can't wait for your project thread. It's like you've been away forever - we've all been lost haha!

I took a great video last night on my camera, it keeps failing whilst uploading to photobucket. I also uploaded it to youtube but has been stuck on the "processing" part at 9% I don't know what's going on with it. Will try and get it uploaded again. I took it with my camera to show the colours. 
Right now I am getting stroppy ready for nursery but when I am back, I will respond more!

Looking forward to the video when you manage to upload it, Ny!
Welcome back RCA! We have missed your input!

Stunning tank Nylah, oddball is super active in there :)

Thankyou! As you can see he doesn't like my cherry barbs. The females are super fat at the moment so maybe have eggs. They will be a tasty treat for the others. 
He usually just swims about by himself lol.

Most reactions

Back