Oldman47 Retirement

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OldMan47

Livebearer fanatic
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Yes, I am retiring as a MOD here on TFF. I have greatly enjoyed my time here as a MOD and wish that I did not find it necessary to retire. I have joined another forum where I am quite active and I am also building my own "dream home". As you may well imagine, just the building effort takes up a great deal of my time. If there is no rain happening at the moment and the weather is somewhere between 50F and 90F, I head off to my construction site to do anything from setting up a main support beam to placing the floor joists. Tomorrow, I think I will reach a place where I can start laying down 1x6 lumber as the first step for my sub-floor structure. Since I have retired from active employment at a local power production utility, I find that at least 9 or 10 hours each day, weather permitting, are available to be devoted to this construction project. In the last 2 weeks there have been 2 days where I got rained out and I have worked every other day, including weekends on this project. At a pace like that there is just not much time for TFF. In fact I am having trouble finding the time for feedings and water changes. The new regime has helped me with my "girlish figure" however since it means lots of physical work with no change in my eating habits. Maybe I can shed some of those excess pounds I have been carrying around. Every cloud has a silver lining, n'est ce pas?

Never go far OldMan47, your help and insights will always be appreciated, both by us new mods and by the rest of th forum!

Besides... we will want to see photos of the finished house eventually!! :good:

Good luck and enjoy your new 'job'!

Sad to see you go.
:flowers:

Don't be a stranger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back