New Tank By New Member

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Let me take you on video tour!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqfyhlVfvPk[/youtube]

Wow, looks swell mate!
I'd be wary of adding more fish, seems just about full to me. Be careful as the Rams may fight the gouramis come breeding season. :)

TallTree01 said:
Wow, looks swell mate!
I'd be wary of adding more fish, seems just about full to me. Be careful as the Rams may fight the gouramis come breeding season.
smile.png

Yep, no more fish.  Just more tanks.  :D

Love the Gouramis, IMO that tank is a bit too bright  for Gourami.  They prefer subdued lighting and floating plants, Half the top of my tank is covered in duckweed.

NickAu said:
Love the Gouramis, IMO that tank is a bit too bright  for Gourami.  They prefer subdued lighting and floating plants, Half the top of my tank is covered in duckweed.

I tried duckweed.  It all vanished.  I have the pothos that will grow out from the side.  I also plan on buying some floating plants to help fill in the between the pothos leaves.

Akasha72 said:
looking good - enjoyed the video
biggrin.png

thank you!

NickAu said:

I tried duckweed.
My fish eat it. I have a big plastic tub of it outside.

I thought about growing it in a separate container.  I take it that it grows faster then being eaten?

Just an update.  I also included my son's electric blue dempsey in his temp home while we build out the 55 gallon.  :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1HN5JeXrU[/youtube]

wow ... looking good and evolving too. Me likey :D

Akasha72 said:
wow ... looking good and evolving too. Me likey
biggrin.png

Thank you! :)  All live plants now.  I have to trim some, but Im loving the tank.

Looks nice, No Gouramis?

Looks great Vethian.

I saw a tank full of little electric blue Jack Dempsies. I was tempted but really don't have the space to go down the large cichlid route again.

NickAu said:
Looks nice, No Gouramis?

There is one.  The other got popeye and didnt make it.  
Munroco said:
Looks great Vethian.

I saw a tank full of little electric blue Jack Dempsies. I was tempted but really don't have the space to go down the large cichlid route again.
And that is where I am blessed.  The basement is all mine!  muahahaha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back