New Tank By New Member

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Added some things that my mother gave me.  after a nice cleaning.

cool 
kewlpics.gif

I made a sponge filter to help clean and cycle.  

Neat job :nod:

Seems you very quickly got the hang of diy for fish tanks now :lol:

Nice little filter. 
yes.gif

Any plans for live plants perhaps?

yep...I have been experimenting with a couple of low light plants.  My new Betta tank ( http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/438347-16-gallon-setup-for-my-betta/) will be fully planted next pay. 

508 said:
Nice little filter. 
yes.gif

Any plans for live plants perhaps?

I love the DIY aspect.  Keeps me thinking by finding solutions.  I learn how things work much better and I can customize to my needs.

Ch4rlie said:
Neat job
yes.gif

Seems you very quickly got the hang of diy for fish tanks now
laugh.png

Well, my ammonia and nitrite have been zero for a few days without water changes...yay.  I hope I didnt screw up, but i got some new tank mates last night.  again...no change to ammonia/nitrite.  

oh...my nitrates in the water are at 20ppm as per the master test kit.  thank you mr. pothos plant!

keep adding natural plants and they'll help keep the nitrates down for you.

Like the new tank mates 
yes.gif
 Just keep an eye on the stats for ammonia and nitrite as with the filter still being in it's infancy it won't take much to stress it and start spiking :)

Did you test with 3ppm ammonia and then ammonia and nitrite results were 0ppm in 24 hours or less?

Just double checking ;)

Those look like 3 male dwarf gouramis to me. Keep an close eye on them, they are known to be quite aggressive when around other males as they grow older. Next time your tank is stable get some more cherry barbs as they'll really appreciate the friends unlike the gouramis.
Nice tank and hiding of the filter too! :good: Welcome to TFF1 :)
Ch4rlie said:
Did you test with 3ppm ammonia and then ammonia and nitrite results were 0ppm in 24 hours or less?
Just double checking ;)
Charlie he has fish. Adding 3 ppm ammonia might be a little dangerous. :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back