New Here, Need Help! Lighting For Planted Tank. Algae Bloom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, I read the Union Carbide fact sheet, and the other link, and I must say that neither gives me any confidence that this product is safe for fish, meaning it will have absolutely no detrimental effect short or long-term.

The UC data was interesting; this substance kills organisms, so I still have to wonder just what organisms within the fish and the aquarium are possibly being affected.

Byron.

I have shrimp and snails and saw now problems while using it. Maybe it is better than the other.. who knows. lol. i haven't personally used it again. It seemed to be helpful but could have been the flourish... I also tried my best to follow the dose. 

I got my new filter today... thought i got a fluval aqua clear.. but all it says is aquaclear... woops.. maybe i got the wrong thing? anyway, its already better than my topfin power 30... has a three layer filter.. seems way better.. my question... since i had a cartridge type filter before... and now i have the layer type... i took my old cartridge.. and i cut the bottom off....so it was the bottom inch or so of cloth with the carbon inside... and i dropped it in a mesh and put it under the biomax insert... is this ok? thanks.

Had another question relating to lighting. I have a 35 gallon 25inch tall, 10inch hex. what would be a good hood and lighting for it? thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back