New 40Gal Tank... Thoughts, Opinions????

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

30galBarbs

Reaction score
First planted tank..... GO easy ahaha
IMG_1561.JPG

Lookin good! What kind of fish you gonna put in there?

First planted tank..... GO easy ahaha
View attachment 110904
Looking good so far! I love the driftwood. Two suggestions for you:. Add a background to your tank....Black is a great color, it makes the plants "pop" and look more vibrantly green. It also hides any cords behind the tank. You can use black poster board or card stock, or even a black trash bag. Also, a few floating plants would look nice as well. Both the background and the floating plants will also help make your fish feel more secure and relaxed.

What is the GH and pH of your water? This will determine what species of fish you can add.

I agree with others; I can see many fish species being very healthy (and undoubtedly "happy") in this aquarium. I do agree on the black background (dull or matt finish like construction paper/card stock is best), and floating plants.

Nothing to "go easy" on, it looks really, really good! You put thought into that scape, I can tell :) Can also easily picture how it's going to look as those plants fill in, it'll be a lush island :wub:

Take photos once a week or once a month or so! It's amazing how quickly it'll transform, and I wish I'd taken more photos of my tank as it filled in and developed. Will remember to keep track of it next time.

Awesome!
What are the plants? Love the bronze/orange one:)
I agree... What are the bronze colored plants? All I have in my tank right now are green plants and I would like to add another plant with a slightly different color like bronze/red, etc.. But from what I hear, a lot of red plants require High Light...

Looks wonderfull!
That plant is at "Puberty Stage" probably have to wait them glow up and you'll see their beuty ;)
Trust me when that happpen you wouldn't even notice it until you see this old picture
Cant Wait to see!!! :)

Awesome!
What are the plants? Love the bronze/orange one:)
I`m not to sure of the names of the plants i just went down and picked up a few that i liked :) it was easy enough to do as ii have a strong light in their with the right color spectrum :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back