My Orca Tl550 Journal.

Liam50

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok peeps thanks to a certain members suggestion i have gone with the boyu TL550. AS its marine ready. I'm going to try and get around 12-14 kgs of live rock. I'm picking the tank up this weekend and i'm really excited. Stocking:

Leather corals
sponge corals

red leg hermit crab
2 skunk cleaner shrimps

possibly a pair of clowns?
also dotty back?
goby? haha help me.

Woo hoo and Liam is off.......... when is the tank coming?

Your stocking list is fine :good: take a look at orchid dottybacks :wub:

Seffie x

will do, the tank is coming on sunday but it maybe a week or two before i can fill (blame mother not selling her sewing machine) Anyone wanna buy an industrial sewing machine? But yer also could i have a falco hawkfish? with my stocking?

excellent a new tank coming!!

remember to keep us posted with pics!!! :good:

But yer also could i have a falco hawkfish? with my stocking?

Yes you could, I love em, they dont have a swim bladder and this makes them look very comical as they hop and bounce all over the place :good: however you need to decide which you want more, shrimps and snails or the hawkfish as the hawk will eat them! I have got round this by only buying large mexican turbos for my snails but i have lost several shrimps to her. If you decide to have this fish, put it in last

Seffie x

ahhh cool another tl550 in the pipe line i say this because it has a similar ish shape to my new tank and it will give me some inspiration

keep us posted

will do peeps. ahh kinda gutted about the hawkfish eating shrimps, would that include skunk cleaner shrimps?

ok guys i picked it up today and heres a very intereting photo of what it looks like. It won't be staying that very location but it will be in the out house.

DSCF3266.jpg

haha thanks i'm really impressed with it. Didn't know it had a uv in it also. This is my proposed stocking:
pair of bangaii cardinals
orange spotted goby or wheelers shrimp goby
royal gramma

and a pair of skunk cleaner shrimps
and cuc of stuff haha

yeah imo the uvs are great for a marine as i have one on my 100 gallon but not on my 50 but i can see myself getting one through worry

bangai cardinal will look good im sure seffie will disagree tho :lol:

id go for the wheelers goby better coloration + pattern

and i think royal grammas can be very agressive (this is from reeding on here think i got it right)

lovely shrimp but if your gonna have corals theyle p you off as there always on the corals and often make some corals like leathers sulk

cant wait for pics of fish and such :lol:

also not long till your pet rock watching :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back