Suggestions On Active Fish For A Smallish Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CezzaXV

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a 155L 2ft tank that I am looking for stocking ideas on.

I currently have 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 red firefish, 1 yellow clown goby and 1 banggai cardinal. I also have two cleaner shrimp, 1 trochus snail and 7 hermit crabs. I will be getting some soft corals in the near future.

Back in my tropical days most fish were suitable for a tank of this size, but with marines it's difficult. I use AQ Advisor as a guideline, which tells me I'm 75% stocked so I think I have room for one or two more fish. I'm specifically looking for active fish that swim around a lot, as my firefish hides all day and feels like a waste of stocking space if I'm honest. I had planned on a Royal Gramma but heard there might be compatibility issues with the firefish so I made my choice, and sometimes it feels like the wrong choice.

Looking around online never really turns up any ideas, but often people on forums suggest to me stocking ideas that haven't come up in my searches, so I'm interested to hear what other people might suggest for me?

I had planned on a Royal Gramma but heard there might be compatibility issues with the firefish so I made my choice, and sometimes it feels like the wrong choice.

I can't help with with additional fish suggestions, but royal grammas can also hide a lot and so might not be a good choice if you want a guaranteed swimmer. I had one years back that lived in a cave with an engineer goby. They seem a bit like firefish in that regard. My firefish is all over the tank and active, but I've seen otehrs that just sat in caves all day like you describe.

hum i would say a black shark or a red teal shark is this salt water or freash?

snork6 said:
hum i would say a black shark or a red teal shark is this salt water or freash?
This is a marine (saltwater) tank; those fish are both freshwater :)

sorry i did not know
blush.png

blush.png

blush.png

blush.png

is was a salt water

tank

That's alright; this forum is a good place to learn ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back