My New Pond Diary May 2011

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just keeps getting better and better :grr: I really hope your going to keep this journal going I would hate not to see the end product.

Unfortunately not much to write back home on today- pond work was cut short by the rain (can't use the electric tools in the rain and the pond needs to be dry to put in the fiberglass) so only a little bit more decking work was achieved today before the rain started really pouring it down;

0806111.jpg

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow :thumbs: - here's wishing for some hot sunny weather :wizard: !
Just keeps getting better and better :grr: I really hope your going to keep this journal going I would hate not to see the end product.

Lol sorry about that! But i will definitely do my best to keep up with the picture updates no matter what happens :snap: !
Wow even a viewing deck :drool:

I'm really looking forward to the decking being finished too, gonna be made out of robust hardwood :D .
i know i cant wait too see water in it :D

Me too :D ! Gonna take a loooong time to fill this one up. Hopefully it'll be a hot sunny day when the pond is ready for filling up so i can chill out in the pond with a few drinks while its filling up :pepsi: .

Lets just hope theres no hose pipe ban in place, it will take an awful lot of buckets to fill that beast up, looking really good though, I think you should have fill up the pond party and invite everyone on here around at least they could carry buckets for you. :D

Is that a grape vine I can see in the bottom left of the big picture, don't tell me your going to do your own wine as well. :hyper:

So sorry about the lack of updates! Have hardly had the chance to be on the computer the last few days. Here's the missed updates from thursday & friday ^_^v ;

09/06/11 More decking frame work done;

10/06/11 Some of the decking going on :) ;

1006114.jpg

Unfortunately due to the weather today 13/06/11 there's been no work done on the pond today, but hopefully the weather should be much better tomorrow and the decking can be finished off :thumbs: .

The decking is starting to look really good is that oak as well?
Amazing the day they declare a drought the heavens open, not that its made any difference up here its always raining.

looks great i got a koi lake lol houses a couple of goldern orf, loads of oldish goldfish and fry and a tone of 15lb + koi lol it's 9ft deep but thats on a private bit of land of ours not in garden wish it was tho lol :look:

So sorry about the delays :blush: ! I started a new job earlier this month and have been really busy recently. Here are the updates i missed for the 14th & 15th of June;

14/06/11 Decking almost finished;

1406115.jpg

15/06/11 Decking 99% finished & electrics put in;

1506116.jpg

The decking is now 100% finished and all that needs to go in now is the fiberglass liner, waterproofing treatment, filter box & waterfall feature (plus pond plants & decorarions etc of course). I did hope to have the pond finished much earlier but the regular on-off rain showers has prevented this from happening as the pond needs to be completely dry before putting the liner & waterproofing treatment down. But i'm hoping to have something done by this week (have been covering the pond with a cover recently in a bid to prevent it from getting more wet) :thumbs: .

The decking is starting to look really good is that oak as well?
Amazing the day they declare a drought the heavens open, not that its made any difference up here its always raining.

Not sure what type of wood it is actually- just some type of hardwood. But i think the colour compliments the oak sleepers colour either way :good: .
looks great i got a koi lake lol houses a couple of goldern orf, loads of oldish goldfish and fry and a tone of 15lb + koi lol it's 9ft deep but thats on a private bit of land of ours not in garden wish it was tho lol :look:

Wow thats really deep- you could go diving with the fish in that :hyper: !

I thought you forgot about us :rolleyes: Its looking really good coming together very nicely, I can't wait to see it with fish in.

Updates for today 29/06/11 ^_^v

Fiberglass has finally arrived!!!

Fiberglass going down;

End of the day- first coating achieved ^_^v ;

2906116.jpg

Is that a grape vine I can see in the bottom left of the big picture, don't tell me your going to do your own wine as well. :hyper:

I'm afraid to say i'm gonna chop the grape vine down- its a really beautiful plant, but last year when it produced fruit it attracted hundreds of Hornets & Wasps everyday which feasted on the grapes and i couldn't open a single window in the house on the grape vine side without hornets or wasps coming in the house :crazy: . Considering we've got another baking hot summer this year, i wanna be able to open the windows in the house in the heat :lol: .

Gonna miss the vine a bit though, the house looks good with it, so i think i will look for another climbing plant to plant in its place when its gone which doesn't produce wasp/hornet attracting fruit and which isn't an ivy :thumbs: .
Lets just hope theres no hose pipe ban in place, it will take an awful lot of buckets to fill that beast up, looking really good though, I think you should have fill up the pond party and invite everyone on here around at least they could carry buckets for you. :D

Actually i've been looking up on house pipe ban rules here and i learned that apparently its ok to fill up your pond with a house even if there's a house pipe ban :good: ! So thats really good news as i was bit concerned about there being a possible house pipe ban what with my pond an all ^_^v .

Have you looked at virginia creeper it produces no fruit but stunning red foliage in the autumn and grows really fast, I've got it covering virtually the whole house now.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back