My New Pond Diary May 2011

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just a quick update: No work being done on the pond today, tomorrow or Monday, but work will start again on Tuesday (nothing gone wrong just taking a break ^_^v )- so there won't be anymore photo updates until tuesday. But in the mean time please feel free to post :good: !

Starting too look like a Pond rather than a hole in the ground :D It looks awesome :good:

Thanks :D ! I'm getting really exited already about the inside liner (fiberglass) going in :lol: ! But got some more wall building to do yet so i'll post some more update piccies up tomorrow :) .

Any chance of making the pictures a bit bigger, does photobucket have the embed option, they would look really good just a bit larger.

^ You mean like this?
3105111.jpg

Ok cool. I'm not sure i'll post all the pictures like that though as since there is going to be so many i don't want them to take up too much space or slow down the loading of the pages for other people etc. Will post some more pics later today but my camera ran out of battery so i gotta get it charged up again first :thumbs: .

Well by the time i found my camera battery charger yesterday it was dark so i couldn't get any pictures yesterday :lol: . My guy told me this morning though he got some pics of the pond but by "pics" he meant 2 identical pictures of the pond (of which i've posted one) :X . But luckily all that happened yesterday was a little bit more wall building, so not much to miss out on. Here's yesterday :) ;

And here's today :) ! Wall building was finished today and the rendering begun ^_^v ;

0206115.jpg

Wow looks great :drool: :good:

Its really coming along I wish I had the room for a project like that, what do you plan to clad the outside with, I know someone with a similar setup and they did a dry stone wall around the outside and it looks really effective, very expensive though.
BTW the larger picture looks really good.

WOW Alot has changed in the last couple of days. Starting to take shape big style now :D Whats next on the build plan?

Wow looks great :drool: :good:

Its really coming along I wish I had the room for a project like that, what do you plan to clad the outside with, I know someone with a similar setup and they did a dry stone wall around the outside and it looks really effective, very expensive though.
BTW the larger picture looks really good.

The big oak sleepers you see in the last posts pic are going to be going around the pond- they're untreated but they'll last 30+ years even as they are and will darken with age (will become quite silvery too in colour) :good: .
WOW Alot has changed in the last couple of days. Starting to take shape big style now :D Whats next on the build plan?

Yeah its being built at a really good rate :D ! The rendering has been finished today, so might get started on putting on the wood next :thumbs: .

Here's me with the pond so far (pics taken this lunchtime ^_^v ) :) ;

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back