My New Pond Diary May 2011

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well end of day now and some of the wooden sleepers have been put on the pond ^_^v ;

0306114.jpg

I really like the effect your getting there, when that matures and colours up it will look stunning, are you capping the top with the sleepers as well?

Looks great :good: The wood looks very natural too

Awesome, Didnt expect such an update today :D Must have a nice tan now then being out in the sun all day? With the weather like this haha

I really like the effect your getting there, when that matures and colours up it will look stunning, are you capping the top with the sleepers as well?

Yep will be capping the tops with the sleepers too :good:
Looks great :good: The wood looks very natural too

Thanks :) ! The solid oak is good because it doesn't need to be treated and so i won't have to worry about any chemicals washing into the pond killing the fish etc :good: .
Awesome, Didnt expect such an update today :D Must have a nice tan now then being out in the sun all day? With the weather like this haha

Lol this is the first time i've had anything close to a tan in a decade :lol: ! But its good, i need a bit of colour in my skin ^_^ . No updates for today, work will probably start tomoz again as long as it doesn't rain too heavily (first proper rain today since the 7th of May :hyper: !) :thumbs: .

Nah i live in sunny old Southampton- only rained like twice last month :lol: ! But as nice as it is, i have the constant battle to keep the garden plants alive- lawns been looking extremely dry and there has been word of a hose pipe ban being put into place soon...

^ Haha :p

Anyhoo, more piccies today :) ! More wooden sleepers have been put up;

And the wooden filter box started :) ;

Inside the box so far;

Total progress so far ^_^v ;
0606115.jpg

I hate these updates i 'm turning greener day by day :crazy: really though looking excellent, I love the oak capping on the top a great place to sit, what sort of volume are we looking at here?.

Wow looks better everyday have you coated the inside yet or is that next ?

I hate these updates i 'm turning greener day by day :crazy: really though looking excellent, I love the oak capping on the top a great place to sit, what sort of volume are we looking at here?.

Thanks :D ! The pond is about 18,000 liters (technically 19,000 but its probably going to be closer to 18,000 when its filled up) :good:
Wow looks better everyday have you coated the inside yet or is that next ?

With the fiberglass & coating we need to wait until we get some hot sunny weather again to make sure the inside of the pond is totally dry- its been raining on & off the last couple of days so today we are starting on the decking going around the pond, will post some pics of it later today :thumbs: .

Makes sence lol look forward to the pics

Wow even a viewing deck :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back