My first ever tank!

1782066132322.webp

First baby I saw yesterday!!!! I knew they were small but not THAT small LOL
Also update to how the tank and plants are going! :)
1782066185910.webp

Aw just saw the first few pics and my cryptocorine and my moss were so small back then 🥹
 
Just need another 99 now ;)
 
My mixed have produced some amazing variety’s! Can’t wait to see what yours come up with :lol:
 
I added an aerator to make some bubbles and surface agitation in hopes it'll help cool down the water a bit (I'm keeping it lower than 28 almost consistently with a non-toxic ice pack floating.
And suddendly my boraras merah flared up red and go a lot against the bubbles and through them, I thought this fish liked low aggitation, are they having fun or stressed? Mind you the have the whole rest of the tank but idk

Also I've seen 7 shrimplets at once! They are getting bigger, most of them are blue or rili hehe there were like 5 in the filter mesh XD
 
Last edited:

What's wrong with my gastrodermus nannus?
105L 7 gastrodermus, the rest are sifting sand normally and the rest of my fish and shrimp seem normal, this one started darting around and I know they can glass surf for fun but I'm not sure it's super fast, it has stopped now but I wanna know what is this behaviour.

0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrates (lots of plants eat them up), no CO2 and water temp is 27.7ºC (I'm cooling it gradually with frozen bottles, heatwave, it was at 28ºC before...)
 
I have no idea, but great tank! I love how the shrimp is cruising down, runs into the cory, and goes like, "Ooops, excuse me!" and scoots around him.
 
I have no idea, but great tank! I love how the shrimp is cruising down, runs into the cory, and goes like, "Ooops, excuse me!" and scoots around him.
Haha yeah the amano's get crazy like that sometimes xD
People have told me its likely the zoomies because this was after feeding and it wasn't gasping for air, just side to side.
I was worried because of the high temperatures reaching up to 28ºC, I'm worried about oxygenation so I put an airstone but I still worry this summer will reduce their lifespan significantly :(
 
So, I wanted to get 3 honey gouramis, 1 male and 2 females, but the provider I normally buy from say they don't sex their gouramis and I would not be able to return them if I get 2 males.
Should I get just one? Or try a local store I know of? I'm scared of buying in the LFS even though they know a lot because I started my tank with plants from there and they had leeches and (even though I figure it's normal for a store with lots of fish), I always see 1 or 2 fish dead in the tanks there (out of thousands but it still makes me nervous).
What would you all do? Just 1 honey gourami? Or try my luck at my LFS? (I should ask them if they would let me bring the fish back if more than 1 are males if that's the case)

Also:
1783181022399.webp

my Limnophila sessiliflora has grown a lot on the back left! I'm so happy
 
Last edited:
Hmmmmm. That’s a tough one. A single honey gourami is a nice stand alone fish and gets along with everyone else. I don’t know how they act if there are more males. Advice for breeding other fish is usually 1 male to 2 females to keep aggression down. I bet a gourami expert will be along shortly. I have a honey gourami in quarantine right now for my 10g 40L tank.
 
I have four fire honey gourami in a 29 gallon with platy, endlers, and a Molly. The gourami are young and I don’t know the sex. But everyone is getting along swimmingly.
IMG_3856.webp
IMG_3852.webp
 
Juveniles are hard to sex but I’ve read that the male has a yellow trim all by the top of the dorsal fin and the females have red trim. Don’t know how definitive that is.
 
When I had the yellow variety, females were all yellow with perhaps the hint of a darker stripe from nose to tail (more obvious when stressed, ie newly bought). The males I had were mainly yellow but turning orange at the rear of the body and tail. So the males I had looked like the first photo in post #103 and the females looked like the second photo.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top