My Discus Show Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

It looks even better now! I'm so jealous because I can't scape for nuts. :no:

If do it with the tank dry it is so much easier, as you can keep moving stuff around until it looks right, without having water run down to you arm pit every time you take your arm out
laugh.gif

stunning fish :blush:
Thank you Pablo
biggrin.gif

Plants have really kicked in now, and it is looking better.......another 2 weeks, and I will need to start trimming I think
nugget.gif

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 76
looks very nice DTD, any thoughts of putting some stems at the back of the twigs on the back left?

This is my favourite tank on TFF keep up with the pics DTD

looks very nice DTD, any thoughts of putting some stems at the back of the twigs on the back left?
Thanks ianho. I also need to switch that nasty white Co2 line for a black one!
nugget.gif
What plant would you recommend? That end of the tank has no planting substrate, so I will need something I can either grow from a pot/tub or tie to a twig or rock. It would be good just to add a little colour there, but I don't want to go heavy with anything in that corner. The Discus seem to love those tree roots and spend most of their time hanging around and inside them. I guess it makes them feel safe.

This is my favourite tank on TFF keep up with the pics DTD

Thanks for the kind words man. I will need to put some full pics on Photobucket or something, as a lot of the clarity is lost when I squeeze them down to 100KB here.

speechless :drool:
blush.gif

I am away working for 3 weeks, and my girlfriend just sent me this beautiful picture she took with her phone camera
w00t.gif
........Makes me so homesick
cry1.gif

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 86
This tank is simply stunning. I was also considering a build like this myself once I get my saltwater set up and running.

Just watched the video, looks awesome, would love a tank like that, but with my water having a ph of 8.2 its not going to happen :lol:

Just watched the video, looks awesome, would love a tank like that, but with my water having a ph of 8.2 its not going to happen :lol:

I was running Co2 on a timer for the plants, that took the tap water from 7.5 to 7, but recently bought a pH controller and set it at 6.5. I had the Co2 wide open(at more bubbles per minute than I could count) and it ran like crazy for about 12 hours. Then it hit 6.5pH and maintained it with little Co2 input. I am so glad I bought the controller, it is the way to go.
good.gif

Stunning, truely stunning! Just saw the vid there..... :drool:

Thanks man, I really do appreciate the kind words from everyone. To be honest those fish are a pleasure to keep, and while I do try my best with them, I am somewhat lucky also that my tap water quality is very good
biggrin.gif

Was wondering what are the plants in your tank? Totally clueless with plants :S

Was wondering what are the plants in your tank? Totally clueless with plants :S

Hi ya Clarousel, I am no expert in plants or their names, and I buy them purely by looking at them and seeing what I think might work. However here is what I "think" they are:

From the left,

The small leafed slightly red plant - Ludwigia Repens Rubin
The main bright green plant - Cryptocoryne X Willisii
The dark green large leaf in the corner - Anubias Barteri Var. Caladiifolia
The dark green small leaf on the bottom under the wiggly root - Anubias Barteri Var. Nana

And some others I don't know
laugh.gif

I stand corrected if I have the names are wrong, but I took the names from a plant book I have
rolleyes.gif

Most reactions

Back