My Discus Show Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That is just stunning, the tank looks great and the fish look fantastic!

I hope one day I'll have discus fish. I love your tank, maybe you should come to the UK and do my tank :p

Wow....thank you for such nice comments, all. I am new to this site, and already learning a lot of new perspectives by reading through the posts
rolleyes.gif
. I have my show tank on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7L0kgM583U and in its early stages linked. I will add my planted nano tanks soon, and my young brood, born last night
good.gif

You seriously have a rainbow in there! Adore the orange coloured ones :lol:

nice tank and the plant in the foreground is Hygrophila sp pantanal wavy, tis a very nice plant. :good:

wow a beautiful tank and set up the discus look so healthy

Its what I was trying to create but money circumstances changed for me

Over the past week or so I have been wanting to change my tank layout. A bit like a nicely decorated room, after a while, no matter how nice it is, a change is needed. There was nothing wrong with how it was, but I had new ideas. Initially I wanted to go hardscape and have no plants this time, but I like my plants too much, and the colour it brings......what to do, what to do
wacko.gif

So the answer was a 50/50 tank.....Half would be hardscape and half would be planted. This way I could keep both parts of myself happy.
smile.gif

So thought I would post the stages here......

Their last supper in the old home.....

Step 1. Send my girlfriend to the hair salon, so she doesn't witness the mess I am about to generate!
wink.gif

Step 2. Set up one of the filters and a heater in a plastic box with tank water, and shift the fish. Then I can take my time.

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 62
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 64
I removed all the plants and popped them in a bucket, ready to sort through later, and see what will stay. Drained the tank..... And now for the dirty bit.....shoveling the old substrate away
crazy.gif

Attachments

• Tank 3.jpg
    Tank 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 66

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back