Motoro Stingray Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

caught the megaladoras out his cave last night...... not the best pic but its the best i could get :grr:
IMAG0258.jpg

well its been almost a month since i added the gars and the rays still dont seem happy with their new tank mates. they are still feeding and behaving in a ray fashion but they just dont seem as active and as much fun to watch.....

i may have to rehome the gars and think again! the rays were fine with the angels at the size they were so im thinking of maybe a pair of large angels/discus or even a group of congo tetra until the rays get bigger :unsure:

simon you dont fancy a pair of spotted gars do ya mate???????? ;)

well its been almost a month since i added the gars and the rays still dont seem happy with their new tank mates. they are still feeding and behaving in a ray fashion but they just dont seem as active and as much fun to watch.....

i may have to rehome the gars and think again! the rays were fine with the angels at the size they were so im thinking of maybe a pair of large angels/discus or even a group of congo tetra until the rays get bigger :unsure:

simon you dont fancy a pair of spotted gars do ya mate???????? ;)

I do mate pm me your postcode and I;ll google the distance from me to see if worthwhile? :good:

simon ive sent another pm mate :good:

while out today i have spotted a few contenders for the gars replacements :hey:

there was a stunning threadfin acara and some huge bleeding heart tetra on offer which might fit the bill :hyper:

i think i might be removing the wood from this tank this weekend to give the rays maximun floor space :good:

not been much interest in the gars so far so looks like im stuck with them for the time being..... typical as the lfs has some huge bleeding heart tetra in atm :sad:

i spoke too soon and hopefully by the end of this weekend the gars will be gone.

im thinking of a group of bleeding heart tetra to replace them with as the rays didnt mind the angels when they were tiny. the bleeding heart tetra wer very big too.

i know that sucker mouth cats are a risk with rays but does this include whiptails? :unsure:

im guessing it does...

today i removed the decor from the tank including the megaladoras' cave to see if he is ok without it as he is way too big for it and tbh i have no idea how he gets inside it!!!!

so the woods out, the rocks and the cave. and ive replaced them with 4 rocks i had in another tank a while ago trying to give maximum floor space without having to have an empty tank.

doea anyone have any ideas if whiptail cats are a no no with rays like most plecs are? :unsure:

today i removed the decor from the tank including the megaladoras' cave to see if he is ok without it as he is way too big for it and tbh i have no idea how he gets inside it!!!!

so the woods out, the rocks and the cave. and ive replaced them with 4 rocks i had in another tank a while ago trying to give maximum floor space without having to have an empty tank.

doea anyone have any ideas if whiptail cats are a no no with rays like most plecs are? :unsure:
Taking a gander I'd say it's best to keep suckermouth catfish out of it, as I've heard even otos can go slime coat crazy. I think the big roundness of the rays may be too delectable for suckers to keep away from. But I'm not expert on that.

If you want something to help clean algae, maybe a flying fox would work?

I love your catfish, by the way :wub: :wub:

Taking a gander I'd say it's best to keep suckermouth catfish out of it, as I've heard even otos can go slime coat crazy. I think the big roundness of the rays may be too delectable for suckers to keep away from. But I'm not expert on that.

If you want something to help clean algae, maybe a flying fox would work?

I love your catfish, by the way :wub: :wub:
yeah im just looking at options and i dont want a heavy or fast feeding tank mate so the rays get maximum food.

i have no algae issues i just wanted something to fill a big void while the rays are still small.

the catfish is amazing isnt he. ive had him from about 5 inches and hes now about 12 inches including tail and i think the fish ive had the longest now ive sold my cichlids.

Blimey Matt... The turn around in your tank is even quicker than mine!!! ;)
:grr:

:D

Most reactions

Back