Motoro Stingray Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

spotted gar spotted gar spotted gar spotted gar ha ha get one they are stunning and will stick to the upper levels

the ray looks great you can see they are eating well
:lol: i was almost 100% on the gar but am slightly concerned about its sharp mouth..... my male ray is always up and down the glass catching the flow from the filters. if the gar saw it as an intrusion of its top half would it attack the ray?

if not then ill get the gar as its truely stunning but having never kept one ive no idea how they behave or react to other fish. the gar in question is about 8-9 inches and the rays are 5-6 inch accross ish.....

couldnt resist :grr:
IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

lovely mate im still searching for one near enough and at a decent size

they seem to have settled in ok. the lfs said they fed them mussels but they didnt touch any i added tonight. i also tried live worms and floating pellets but nothing.... maybe they need more time. i hope!

one of the gars ate some prawn tonight but still nothing from the other yet...

im not too sure how the rays are feelin with the new tank mates tbh. they are so much less active now ive added the gars except for feeding time!

i hope they arent just going to hide under the sand all the time and start to be themselves again. otherwise the gars might have to go as this tank is all about the rays im affraid....

ill give it a few weeks and if they still hide then the gars could well be yours Simon :hey:

ha ha Im sure they'll settle ( the rays I mean ) it took my gar about 2 weeks to feed before he jumped out the tank!! Make sure the lids on properly :good:

well one of the gars has taken prawn again today. for some reason some prawns float which i use to hate but now they are usefull for gars :hyper: i also tried doromin today as i have plenty left from my oscar days which 1 gar tried to eat but im not sure if it did or not as it broke up.....

ill keep persisting i guess!

I didnt have mine for long because he leapt from the tank just as I got him taking floating cichlid pellets, It took me 2 or 3 weeks to get to that stage and once he was taking them he didnt stop and you could see his belly filling everytime he eat

Ive just ordered one today only 6 inch long, the oscars have gone tonight so finally my fire eel, bichirs and the gar when it comes should be all able to eat without greedy oscars taking everything

I didnt have mine for long because he leapt from the tank just as I got him taking floating cichlid pellets, It took me 2 or 3 weeks to get to that stage and once he was taking them he didnt stop and you could see his belly filling everytime he eat

Ive just ordered one today only 6 inch long, the oscars have gone tonight so finally my fire eel, bichirs and the gar when it comes should be all able to eat without greedy oscars taking everything
:lol: yeah the old O's are greedy fish......

was it eating before it took pellets? which type were you using? ive got loads of hikari gold and doramin left over that wont be eaten by anything i have these days :unsure:

problem I had was I couldnt get the prawns or mussel and lancefish I had to float for the gar, and when you try and feed it with your hand the oscars took it, the floaty pellets were different as they would go past him in the current. The ones I currentlty have are feeding solutions floating pellets and the gar took them no problem till his belly was full every day

i have purchased a pair of planting tongues/tweezers so i can hold the food near the surface but no luck with it yet. for some reason in the new pack of frozen prawns i got some of them float :unsure: which is a first for me but i can now and use the floaters for the gars. before they had to be chucked away as they were no good for the rays....

the larger of the 2 gars has eaten a couple of hikari gold pellets this morning which is good news. its the same fish that ate the prawn as well. the slightly smaller gar hasnt eaten since i bought him last sunday. i guess he will give in as he must be getting a hunger on by now!

both gars are now feeding from my tweezers now :hyper: also 1 is taking floating pellets too :good:
IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

they look lovely, I love these fish, I cant wait for mine although I aint heard from him since I paypalled him the money!!

they look lovely, I love these fish, I cant wait for mine although I aint heard from him since I paypalled him the money!!
they really are stunning fish Simon without a doubt. im much happier now they are feeding :D

this tank has become almost like a prehistoric tank with rays, gars and my megaladoras catfish. love it ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back