Most Quiet Air Pump?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jeej

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello

Just recently bought an air pump for a sponge filter for my shrimp tank. Anyway, it is in my room and the air pump is a bit loud. I nearly p!ssed myself when I read on the box it was called a SUPER SILENT air pump!

Anyway, anybody got any suggestions on a VERY quiet air pump that will work well in a 12 US Gal tank?

Thanks guys!

I bought one that had super silent i took it back that day and they said whats the issue with it.

I now have a tetratec and its quite. the only thing i hear is the bubbles.

Hi

We recently bought an Interpet airvolution avmini. And it is very quiet :good: Only £12 so cheap too :good: and you get a free air stone and tube "bonus"

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Would you believe that I cant find anyone in Australia that sells Tetratec or Whisper air pumps?!

At the moment I am looking into buying a Tetratec over eBay from England.

I agree with Colin. I've got 3 or 4 Renas. They are dead quiet.

I got 4 tetratecs and there great and very quiet, cant hear them at all (only the bubbles) :)

I think the real key with airpumps is make sure you don't just go with the cheapest brand. From my experience, cheap = noisy.

Whisper air pumps are readily available in WA. But Rena are more powerful and used to be available in the east. Not sure if they still are but I guess they will be.

Whisper air pumps are readily available in WA. But Rena are more powerful and used to be available in the east. Not sure if they still are but I guess they will be.

If I am informed correctly, tetratec bought the whisper brand, so tetratec airpumps are whisper air pumps

Would you believe the seller in England through eBay is "unable to send" that product to Australia.

I feel a bit of trial and error is in order.

You reckon most LFS will plug them in for me at the shop so I can listen to them?!

Would you believe the seller in England through eBay is "unable to send" that product to Australia.

I feel a bit of trial and error is in order.

You reckon most LFS will plug them in for me at the shop so I can listen to them?!

They could but the thing is with the general noise of a LFS you wouldn't be able to get a true idea of the noise level.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back