Most Expensive Hobby’s Besides Fish Keeping?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Most expensive hobby I can think of is having horses... at one point my friend's family had 5 horses, two of them were retired, and honestly the amount of money, effort and cold hard cash was incredible! Blows fish keeping out the park (most fish keeping at least).

I used to road race motorcycles at the club level. That wasn’t cheap traveling across 4 states but it was definitely memorable.

I really don’t fall into the biker category even though I ride. No Harleys or big heavy bikes. I have a Yamaha R1 for the street, R6 for racing and a dual sport bmw g650gs that I rode across the country, Canada and Alaska.

Sailing gear, sailing coaches, sailing ropes, sailing boats, oh did I mention sailing?

Streamkeeping nice .... I bet to to to a lot of places
No, I work on a local stream I live by that has had over a century of ills done it it. It was turned into a ditch/dyke system in the 1850s to move felled trees to the main river, while the surrounding ravine and old growth forest was clear-cut. Then a few decades later the headwater was turned into a landfill that led into the ravine and this landfill lasted nearly a century and was left as an abandoned gravel pit of sorts until the early 2000s. The landfill has been remediated and turned into a park and elementary school, with the headwaters being reduced and partially lost and replaced by a man-made stream that then passes under a road, into another man-made stream, and then down into the ravine (the closest to untouched any part of the creek is). From there it goes down two concrete tubes into a concrete waterway, passing underneath a farm, and emptying into its modern ditch/tributary system that passes through an agricultural area, under major highway, past a car recycling plant, through an industrial area, and finally through a floodgate that prevents salmonids from accessing the creek.

It's all very depressing. But no one else is doing anything, so I've taken up the task.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back