Most Expensive Hobby’s Besides Fish Keeping?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Most expensive hobby I can think of is having horses... at one point my friend's family had 5 horses, two of them were retired, and honestly the amount of money, effort and cold hard cash was incredible! Blows fish keeping out the park (most fish keeping at least).

I used to road race motorcycles at the club level. That wasn’t cheap traveling across 4 states but it was definitely memorable.

I really don’t fall into the biker category even though I ride. No Harleys or big heavy bikes. I have a Yamaha R1 for the street, R6 for racing and a dual sport bmw g650gs that I rode across the country, Canada and Alaska.

Sailing gear, sailing coaches, sailing ropes, sailing boats, oh did I mention sailing?

Streamkeeping nice .... I bet to to to a lot of places
No, I work on a local stream I live by that has had over a century of ills done it it. It was turned into a ditch/dyke system in the 1850s to move felled trees to the main river, while the surrounding ravine and old growth forest was clear-cut. Then a few decades later the headwater was turned into a landfill that led into the ravine and this landfill lasted nearly a century and was left as an abandoned gravel pit of sorts until the early 2000s. The landfill has been remediated and turned into a park and elementary school, with the headwaters being reduced and partially lost and replaced by a man-made stream that then passes under a road, into another man-made stream, and then down into the ravine (the closest to untouched any part of the creek is). From there it goes down two concrete tubes into a concrete waterway, passing underneath a farm, and emptying into its modern ditch/tributary system that passes through an agricultural area, under major highway, past a car recycling plant, through an industrial area, and finally through a floodgate that prevents salmonids from accessing the creek.

It's all very depressing. But no one else is doing anything, so I've taken up the task.

Most reactions

Back