Money No Object....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I know they are extremely expensive, but if I have a choice of dogbreed, I'd get myself an Afghan.... They are hard work to keep in form, and do not have the best of temperaments, but they are beautiful..... My second choice of course would be Golden retriever or Labrador (that's where loyalties and personallities comes into play).

I'm good with my dog, Bonez.
He's 2/3 Jack Russel and 1/3 Wirehair Terrier. He looks like a Jack Russel, but he will get tall like his mom.

i would have to say...........

English Bull Terrier ( roman nosed)

pammiekins_A200711593327.jpg

and a doberman

DSC_0106.80171116.jpg

i would have to say...........

English Bull Terrier ( roman nosed)

pammiekins_A200711593327.jpg

I'm surprised there is anyone who likes these.... :lol: .... I just cannot bond with them... I just do not trust them... You never know when they are serious or is it just being playfull...They certainly are on top of my "don't like" dog breeds. My vet at the SPCA also liked them....

BTW... is there anyone out there who actually owns an Afghan??

I'd have either an Irish Wolfhound or a German Shephard. I love big dogs.

lg_irish_wolfhound5.jpg

lg_german_shepherd_dog8.jpg

I'd definately get myself another two Hungarian Vizsla's. I miss my old two so much :-(

Image016.JPG
old_pics.JPG

My gran had an afghan *****.lovely dog and her personality was as if she was roylaty or something but very graceful peaceful dog
My ultimate dog would be a super pedigree english bull like the one in the pic, beautiful dogs but having kids I wouldn;t take chance

I love my Basset hound and if I had bigger house a wife who wanted dogs I;d get about 5 of them!!!

Give me a cat any day
hehe.gif

well said that man. :good::good::good: though i do have a Rottweiler. but, as money is no object, i could employ someone to do the drudge, and get chewed on. in that case, i would have a Ridge Back or a Snow Wolf. but i think you would go a long way to find a better dog than a Boarder Collie. they are intelligent (often more so than their owner), energetic, loving and long lived.

but god save us from dogs with a shoulder hight of less than 8 inches. the most vicious, unpredictable and totally useless of all
gods/mans(?) creations. worst of all? a Silk Rat (Yorkshire terrier).

Old English Sheepdog for me me any day.. used to have 2 and the work keeping there coats pristine was worth every minute..( looked just like the Dulux dogs) just for the compliments that they used to get.. my son is allergic to cat/dog hair..so they had to go to new homes... but when hes grown up and moved out ill deffo get 2 more
smile.gif

Old English Sheepdog for me me any day.. used to have 2 and the work keeping there coats pristine was worth every minute..( looked just like the Dulux dogs) just for the compliments that they used to get.. my son is allergic to cat/dog hair..so they had to go to new homes... but when hes grown up and moved out ill deffo get 2 more
smile.gif

some years back, a friend had one of these, I loved it. its just i found it too "daffy", or as my father said. "Nutty as a fruit cake!", till it got to 5 years old. lol a dog of that size, acting like a kitten may be funny. but it can be a pain too.

I Like Border Collies...
Old Sheep Dogs look nice.. Only the proper breeds though. :good:

still think Calviers king charlie spaniales are the best... But apparntly due to over-bred/eed there skulls become too small and there rains are too big causing an early death :sad: I Hope amy does'nt have this disease :no: :/ :-(

A male Dobermann for me any day of the week, loyal, loving and a total legend - oh how I miss my boys :sad:

Now have to keep cats as I work a ten hour day, but one day..............

Seffie x

smile.gif

some years back, a friend had one of these, I loved it. its just i found it too "daffy", or as my father said. "Nutty as a fruit cake!", till it got to 5 years old. lol a dog of that size, acting like a kitten may be funny. but it can be a pain too.

couldn`t agree more .. its what i like about them...and they never did learn that they got waaayy too big to sit on my lap.. or the sofa for that matter ( one of them used to stretch out and kick off anyone that happened to be sitting on the other end
rolleyes.gif
)

My ultimate dog would be a super pedigree english bull like the one in the pic, beautiful dogs but having kids I wouldn;t take chance

they have got a really bad reputation because they were used as fighting dogs and a lot of '' street gangs'' and well chavs had them and abused them. they are pretty quite dogs but like any animal, wind them up and they will snap!

Most reactions

Back