Molly not giving Birth after 5.5 weeks?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

brokenoob!

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've had my Molly Pearl for a while now, she gave birth to her first brood (with me anyways) about 2 months ago, delivery was quick and she returned to being a happy little fish! 2-3 Weeks after the first pregnancy I noticed she was getting bigger again--That was 5 1/2 weeks ago! Now she's big as a house (squared off), gravid spot is as dark as night, and her canal even seems a little dilated, but no birth! She also seems to have some discoloration all along her stomach (both yellow and dark spots).

She's swimming totally normally, and an extremely voracious eater--she just been super aggressive to the endlers in the tank but I know Mollies can get aggressive when pregnant.

Any ideas if she's impacted or something? Ideas to induce birth in livebearers? I would absolutely hate to lose my girl because she's having trouble giving birth and I could stop it! I've attached photos for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8473.jpg
    IMG_8473.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8474.jpg
    IMG_8474.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
Hello!
Molly Actually Hold their egg until they give birth to a Small Fry. The Minumum time is 45 Days and the Maximum is 60 Days for them to hold depend on how many Egg they Hold.
In fact Molly can Hold up to 100 Frys at one time :)

Oh wow, really? I had heard it's only 4-6 weeks or every 28 days! I guess I'm in for a lot of fry then! :oops:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back