Lily Rose's 64L Tank Cycle

Hello and Good evening guys and gals,
This evenings results.....

Ammonia..... 4ppm
pH 8

I see a basic misunderstanding here Jayne. We only change media in our filters when they are quite literally falling apart. I clean media whenever it begins to plug up and reduce flows but I am using the same media in most of my filters that I was 5 or more years ago. I have never used a "carbon sponge" in a filter but it sounds like it is probably nothing more than a sponge filter with some carbon embedded in it. If that is the case, it can be treated the same as any other sponge and just be rinsed and re-used. Changing any media at a mere 3 months is a prescription for never truly finishing a cycle. I am sure the filter manufacturers would love that but it will not help your fish.

Carbon sponges are just like ordinary filter sponges but they are black so i'm assuming they have activated carbon in the foam itself as opposed to it being a separate part of the filter. It's the type of sponge that comes with the Stingray filters and also others.

this evenings results are the same.
ammonia 4ppm,
nitrites and nitrates 0ppm
have added some "media" from lfs....see what happens

this mornings results are
Ammonia 2/4
nitrites 0/0.25....lets hope this is something and not fluke results!!
pH 8

ok, fingers crossed for ya!

just retested ( impatient #28### that I am!
ammonia is definately down to 2! and nitrites are just off bright blue...still blue, but trying to turn, if you know what I mean...we'll see

and heres a video link for my Betta whose tank this is going to be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLR4gTOd58Y&feature=channel

slowly beginning to work, tested again this evening and...
ammonia 2ppm
nitrites .25

This mornings results are
Ammonia 2
Nitrites .25
Nitrates 0
pH 7.4

This evenings results are
Ammonia 1ppm
Nitrites .25
Nitrates 5
pH 7.8

LOL @ WD........Dont tempt me, already got one waiting to come home when this tank behaves!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back