FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChaseO

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon long aquarium, it is 30 inches long, and 16 inches deep. I want to set it up for saltwater with live rock and anemone some corals and eventually some SPS corals. I have a very low budget! I would prefer to get LED lights. The problem for me is, most LED lights cost very high prices. If anyone could help me find at the light system for my aquarium that is less then $60, that would be great. Thank you!

For less than $60 I don't know of an LED that will keep SPS and anemone. However for a little more WavePoint makes an LED light that will work.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My tank is 30" long and 12" deep that is probably too small and I can't afford two

I'm not familiar with that light.

That's the problem with LEDs: big upfront cost for ready-made fixtures.

I just had a quick look to see if I've seen any of the things that people are comparing the ray2 to, since I haven't seen or heard of that one either. Looks like some are comparing it to the marineland double brights and using two ray2 fixtures when they need high light output. Stacking multiple LED strips is a very common trick, but quickly ups the price of course. Anyway, if those comparisons are right (which would certainly be in line with the price), then one of the fixtures would only be suitable for softies and perhaps a few fairly undemanding LPS. Of course, since the ray2 fixture is a thin one, you could always start out with just the one now and then tack on a second of the same fixture at some point in the future.

In my experience it's worth waiting to keep corals until you save up for a very good light. The AI Nano is an excellent choice and comes with a controller built in so you can set day/night, moon light, and most importantly ramp times.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back