Large Male Electric Blue Jd

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Plecostomos Fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just been to my local M/A and they have a striking Electric Blue JD but they are asking 70 quid for it.
I have a female about the same size, now I'm saying its a female because it has much shorter fins than the male up at M/A and my JD is darker in colour, I'm thinking about buying him with a view to breeding.

If you have the money, go for it, however, have you read up if its easy to breed these, i know there a certain morph, wondering if like those parrot cichlids it would be hard, ive never looked into EBJD'S not into them, but worth checking out first at that price, unless u know otherwise

Its not good to mix to EBJDs together, you need in stead an EBJD and a JD with the blue gene to make EBJDs. the genetics are sketchy, and if crossed straight EBJD to EBJD, will most likely result in some very fragile, deformed JDs

Yep, they're touchy as it is. Very fragile indeed. Many not getting above a year old, and many that do not getting past 2 years. So the more 'normal' JD genes that are mixed with the EBJD the better. There has been alot of posts regarding breeding with the EB's... some very in-depth and complex calculations. Have a quick search and see what you find. :)

How big was it? I was after one a while ago but could not find one anywhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back