whistling.gif
Maybe...

Hope to get some pics in tonight!

The beans are cool!
w00t.gif
   Page 3!

Eerrrggggggh. This cycle will kill me!!!

Still 50ppm of ammonia..

I think it looks great with the wood and anubias, but I can understand how fiddly it is getting for maintenance and stuff.

Ooooh...you're gonna hate me then... I removed the wood. :lol:

I dumped a bunch of IALs in the tank to work up some tannins, and I hope to someday find some duckweed. At 9 my time tonight I'll test the water and maybe she'll go in!

IMG_1165_zpsqn1hyqz0.jpg

Lapis as I found her the day she got beat up.

IMG_1162_zpsazpounck.jpg

Blurry, but you can see the scuffs in the pic.

She dances too much to get a good pic! Guess that means she's perked up. :p
IMG_1183_zpset31bqqu.jpg

IMG_1173_zpsn3llhsci.jpg

The updated tank is really boring, but a LOT easier to clean and manage.

IMG_1174_zpsgybacbxs.jpg

I found a pond snail in the tank.
sleep.png
Big one too, much too big to crush, sooo...he's staying! And all his tiny annoying children.

The mom is very excited about ordering in moss and shrimp and plants and snails for all the tanks, so maybe I'll get some Amanos, and possibly some assassin snails to take care of the huge snail problem on the horizon. O.O

I found some more sand, all I need to do is wash it. I'm thinking of adding a little more rock to the tank, but filling all the rocky crevices with sand so it all lays flat. I'm not a fan of hardscape when it becomes a headache to clean. *coughs at spiderwood*

Do pond snails eat algae? Because all the diatoms the anubias had are disappearing, and only monster poop is left behind.
sad2.gif

On the topic of more sand, I think I'm going to buy a couple, or maybe just a single, banana plant to sit in front or across from the Anubias. They keep kinda small, but they can send out big leaves if they are happy, so maybe I'll move a Anubias. Dunno.

Banana plant: http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/e_banana.php

Oh! And thank you Nick. :D

I'm not a fan of hardscape when it becomes a headache to clean.
The only things I do to clean my tank is.
1 Change water.
2 I clean the front of the tank with one of those double sided magnetic scrubbers.
3 I use a small artists brush to clean the occasional bit of fish poop off leaves on my plants.

I do not vac the gravel, I have CaribSea Eco Complete Planted Substrate and that stuff is full of all sorts of goodies( and expensive) that plants require so using a vac on that would be removing good stuff. I have a layer of ordinary pea gravel over the top of that and my 2 Plecs and now 3 mystery snails , 5 Glass shrimp and 10 cherry shrimp seem to keep that clean.  I also feed algae wafers to the shrimp and snails. I guess having lots of plants and a massive canister filter helps too.

The cycle log so far:

*add*
3/19 7:50 pm 1 ppm A
3/20 ''''''''''''''''''' 25% ppm A
*add*
3/21 """"""""" 50% ppm A
2.-5. in NO2
3/22 '''''''''''''''''' 25% ppm A
*add*
3/23 """"""""' 50% ppm A
2. in NO2
3/24 """"""""' 25%-50% ppm A
.25 NO2
3/25 """""""" 0% ppm A
0. NO2
*add 2 ppm (accident)*
3/26 """""""" 1.0-.50 ppm A
5< NO2
3/27 *100% WC* """""""" 0/0
*added 1ppm of A*

While I was working on the 5g she jumped out of the breeder and into the 20g! >:I I found her hiding behind a clay pot, stress stripes and all, missing a notch out of her bottom fin.

This woman will kill me! :lol:

So...here's some more cycling log...

3/28 8:55pm ZERO ZERO! 0/0
3/29 Do a 25% WC and clean up a bit, then get her in!

You all know what that means!
59.gif
The cycle is done! Massive thanks to TTA, who guided me through this mess.
thanks.gif

So..I'll grab some pics later and vid her going in. I still have to clean some dying diatoms off the leaves.

And the spiderwood found a new home! Will get a pic in. ^-^

Hmm...no pics until the water warms up! >:I

I got a youngish banana plant today, and did a quick rescape. I have brine shrimp at the ready for Lapis. :lol:

New heater coming, along with a half a cup of duckweed XD

Most reactions

Back