Harlequin Rasboras not eatin frozen food

My tank test levels were finally good, added 10 Harlequin Rasboras yesterday, today I fed them them some frozen Bloodworm, which I defrosted in water, was surprised as they never looked at them, not one had a go at eating them, they are still lying on the gravel two hours later, will syphon them up later, did a water test everything is fine, along with temperature, is this usual ?

I feed my rasboras fine granules. They must have been fed something completely different at the store as it took them awhile before they figured out that the granules were fine to eat .

Attachments

• 20240505_233645.jpg
    20240505_233645.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 1
My tank test levels were finally good, added 10 Harlequin Rasboras yesterday, today I fed them them some frozen Bloodworm, which I defrosted in water, was surprised as they never looked at them, not one had a go at eating them, they are still lying on the gravel two hours later, will syphon them up later, did a water test everything is fine, along with temperature, is this usual ?
I generally don't feed fish the day I add them. A very small feeding, if I even try. If all is going well, there is often a huge difference in their mood by the next morning. And I would go very slow on the next addition to the community. 20 fish is a substantial enough initial stocking for a tank that size. Some would call it about fully stocked now. If things don't go perfectly, that will keep you busy for awhile. And in general, every week that goes by your tank is more seasoned, and you are more skilled. Later is probably better before you top off the tank stocking.

Most reactions

Back