Jewel Vision 180 Reef Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cheers pal, its coming on I would like some more coral in and would like to reduce the xenia its taking over

Agreed. Great looking tank.
good.gif

woke up this morning to be greeted by a horrible sight, my favourite and most expensive fish my flame angel was in the Mini Maxi anenome. Bummer!!

not sure if the flame angel died and ended up in anenome or the anenome has taken it alive? whats peoples opinions on here?

004-77.jpg

001-88.jpg

on an aside the enia is taking over i need to sort it look at this
002-77.jpg

Uh... if the fish perches on it too long, the maxi can totally take down a fish. Though the angel is typically not a perching fish, they do rest in the evening. Perhaps it was poorly or driven from its normal resting spot and made the mistake to rest on the maxi? I'm just speculating, could've also been dead or injured. I love maxis and have always wanted one, but I like perching fish (gobies, firefish, perchelets) even more, so I avoid them. Clowns seem immune to them. Sorry Si, that stinks, flame angels are awesome. I'd have one, but again, I really prefer my God of War palythoas and a little flame angel may eat those.

I addressed your Xenia issue in your other thread. I will say, though, that Xenia colony is looking impressive. :)

L

That sucks :angry: . A lovely fish.

Yeah flame angels are expensive which just compounds the loss.

That sucks :angry: . A lovely fish.

Yeah flame angels are expensive which just compounds the loss.

thats the one mate £65 in the shops although i paid a bit less than that

:crazy: Thats horrible! Maybe you could replace it with a cherub angel, they eat xenia.

well after a period of no real maintenance i cleared a load of xenia out it looks well better now got a rock with 7 Riccordea Florideas on and bought a very small royal gramma

I also fixed my skimmer which hadnt skimmed for about 3 months so the tank is looking much better

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back