Is This Oscar Rare?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

yes the tank was cycled many a time ago, and yes completly tested and its a 6ft tank hes the only one in it while i find him a new home.

good.gif

Just the sulks then!

Yep, just the sulks. Let us know when he starts eating again :) And keep us updated with pictures, I quite like Oscars but can't own one(no room for a big enough tank) so I just oggle at everyone else's XD

Is he sitting on the bottom like that all the time?

Also, has he started eating yet?

No he swims round just not when I'm in the room and he's eating a bit I think his colour has came out a bit

Jebbwardo said:
No he swims round just not when I'm in the room and he's eating a bit I think his colour has came out a bit

Ah glad he's eaten something for you and glad he's not sat like that all the time. He may still be in a bit of a sulk if he sits on the bottom when you're around as I've heard of some Oscars that just sit still or hide when they're owner is around if they've been recently moved and are in a sulk lol.

He lets you hold him only on the bottom of him tho he doesn't like being touched any where else haha, he's a character just wish he eat more.

Jebbwardo said:
He lets you hold him only on the bottom of him tho he doesn't like being touched any where else haha, he's a character just wish he eat more.

What have you been feeding him?

everything he seems to like pellets more than anythink 

Jebbwardo said:

Have you tried soaking some prawns or chopped mussell in garlic to get his taste buds going? :)

Paradise3 said:

Have you tried soaking some prawns or chopped mussell in garlic to get his taste buds going?
smile.png

oscars eat that? wow they have good tastes.

ncguppy830 said:

Have you tried soaking some prawns or chopped mussell in garlic to get his taste buds going?
smile.png

Yup, it'll back his immune system up as well since he's still new to the tank and not eating much :)

Paradise3 said:

smile.png

Yup, it'll back his immune system up as well since he's still new to the tank and not eating much
smile.png

True. I used to supplement mine with some fish stuffed with garlic. The garlic helps boost the immune system

Most reactions

Back