So, I would suspect that bright colors are predominantly used in mating for most fish… however hillstream loaches rarely flair out their tail fins, by design ( because of their environment ) I have a handfull of the red tailed loaches, and a couple of blue tails…both are very pretty fish, when they are displaying… these varieties have proven hardy, and are easily kept, but I can rarely tell that they have any color in their tails, except for that occasional flash of color, I get to see infrequently… ( so almost never in a picture ) I see a flash once in a while, when they make an adjustment in the tank, or stretch, but it doesn’t seem to be related to interaction with others…
here are a few on line pictures of these fish, someone was lucky, or skillful enough to capture, and I get to witness as an occasional flash of color, in my tank…
here are a few on line pictures of these fish, someone was lucky, or skillful enough to capture, and I get to witness as an occasional flash of color, in my tank…
Last edited:







