Is it possible to set up a cheap high-tech aquarium?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
my Anacharis melts when I moved it to another tank, is there anyway I could do to stop this?
The only way to stop it melting is to set up the new tank using the water from the old tank. Unfortunately, as mentioned by PhoenixKingZ, it tends to fall apart if exposed to sudden temperature changes or changes in water chemistry.

I just go collecting more Anacharis in the creeks and it’s the most disgusting thing ever!

This creek next to me are polluted with oil, there’s even a toilet near the creek!

4842F616-844A-40C8-9A9B-2BCF72547C27.jpeg
AF7D7639-0E80-4B92-B210-B81FF89A9F9E.jpeg
86F6AF67-9335-4A75-9F12-11DED2D741A7.jpeg

That’s nasty, I definitely don’t recommend adding it to the tank. :sick:

I've finally figured out what caused anacharis to melts; it's the liquid Co2.

It's seems to be a dangerous thing!

yeah liquid CO2 is glutaraldehyde and that is pretty toxic to everything.

If you google glutaraldehyde you see what else it's used for. Do you really want that stuff in your tanks?

glutaraldehyde and that is pretty toxic to everything.
If you google glutaraldehyde you see what else it's used for.
Who thought that this is a good idea for the aquarium?!

I have more questions regarding planted tank.
Is 32c too hot for the planted tank? Most seller grow their plants in the 20c water and I don’t know if it will be dead or melts if the temp changes.

Are Ice packs okay for the aquarium? Should I bought the aquarium fan?

Last edited:
32C is about as high as you want for the plants and if they come from cold water, acclimatise them to the warmer water slowly over days if you can.

Ice packs are bad for fish tanks because you cool the water down and when the ice has melted, the temperature starts to go up again. You end up with temperature fluctuations and that is worse than a steady temperature.

Are aquarium fan okay though will the temp be steady?

Assuming the fan is kept on all the time, it should stay the same temperature.

However, because the room doesn’t have a ceiling, you have no clue what the weather is going to do. You would have to be constantly adjusting it.

First of all...you save $$$$$ by using a normal aquarium not low lead starfire rimless tanks. You can save $$$ by using LED's sold for lighting up walkways at night..in numbers- color strip LEDs to make the rendition nicer to the eye,or cellophane. You can convert old fire extinguishers to Co2..maybe old scuba tanks? Not sure, but if you could a diving shop would have them.
So many Home Depot things repurposed...gutters as light covers for example...Sands used for pools and sandblasting as substrate. Research!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back