I need opinions on a good light!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lsoucy

Reaction score
I am planning on planting my 20H gallon tank with beginner, low-light plants. I came across the Fluval Aquasky 2.0 and loved the convenience of just using my phone! I saw one website had it on sale from 104.99 to about 72.99. Will it be enough to support the growth of low-light plants?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

There are a number of different light units with that name and they range in wattage from 16watts to 30watts. If the tank is 18inches high (tall), then you will want at least 30 watts and probably more.

Whatever light you get, try to find one that has a 6500K (K is for Kelvin) rating.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

There are a number of different light units with that name and they range in wattage from 16watts to 30watts. If the tank is 18inches high (tall), then you will want at least 30 watts and probably more.

Whatever light you get, try to find one that has a 6500K (K is for Kelvin) rating.
The dimensions for my tank are 24" side to side, 12" front to back, and 16" high.

For me, generic LEDs off eBay work great. I have one for my 23 high and it's fantastic and cost me less than $40.

The real question is what kind of plants are you looking to keep?

Most reactions

Back