I know its not a need but should I use uv lighting?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So Rocky now knows that UV, inside or outside the filter, cannot be harmful to beneficial bacterias IF kept in hermically container.

Er no, 1) as UV bulb is kept in hermetically sealed container, and 2) water doesn't contain beneficial bacterias that are in filter's medias and substrate.
…..

As Indian Chief put it:

Filter has hole. Hole as media. Light go in hole.

As Indian Chief put it:

Filter has hole. Hole as media. Light go in hole.
No, UV light is inside a lighttight container that is included inside the filter, so no worries.
As I said it above very cheap devices can carry manufactering defects. It becomes the buyer's choice.

No, UV light is inside a lighttight container that is included inside the filter, so no worries.
As I said it above very cheap devices can carry manufactering defects. It becomes the buyer's choice.
That is simply not true. Most UV lights are just bulbs, that you add to your existing light fixture. With that being said, SOME UV “sterilizers” go inside the filter.

In what nail manicure gel has to do with aquaria ? Except for saying :
it does not affect the quality of the water.

About UV bulb, did you read "Product description" especially "3. The separate space in the aquarium/pond is separated from the fish life area by an opaque baffle." ?

Like I said, if kept in hermetic container, no worries that UV kills beneficial bactérias. Also it is customer's choice to buy cheap device - long transportation from ? - not truly dedicated to aquarium.
On the other hand UV sterilizer designed for aquarium exposes beneficial bacterias at none risk of being killed by rays.

Why ? Forums are made for discussions and interactions even if there is difference of opinions :)

Most reactions

trending

Back