I Am Going Crazy!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
A neighbour is away for the week (untill Sunday) and his house alarm triggered about 6 hours ago...... It is like a combination of a police/ ambulance alarm/siren screaming away without interruption..... My TV is as loud as I can tollerate, but is overwhelmed by this siren.... The house is burglar proofed throughout so no use even breaking a window to get in and switch it off..... I'M GOING CRAZY!!!.... dunno how I'm going to sleep tonight!

Phone the police. Get him arrested for breech of the peace when he returns.

Surely its not a very good alarm if no one comes to investigate it :blink:

Do you not have the equivalent of noise police there? Here they are a branch of the environmental health services/council - you can make a noise complaint and they will deal with it. If it involves a house alarm they can get the police/an electrician involved to break in and silence it... same with car alarms. Is there nothing like that where you are?

Surely its not a very good alarm if no one comes to investigate it :blink:

The yard is swarming with security personell..... They also have the problem of not being able to get in..... I have suggested breaking down the door, but they say they do not have the authority to do so.....

I know a lot about security systems and normally all external sirens have a built in cut off at 15-20mins, does it stop for a second at all and re-trigger? If not then there power to their system may have gone down which means the siren will run in the built in battery fit anything up to 8 hours then it will die.

If it does shut off for a sec then activates again, then something is constantly re activating it in which case unless you can get inside will keep ringing until it is shut off via the keypad/keyfob.

Hopefully

I know a lot about security systems and normally all external sirens have a built in cut off at 15-20mins, does it stop for a second at all and re-trigger? If not then there power to their system may have gone down which means the siren will run in the built in battery fit anything up to 8 hours then it will die.

If it does shut off for a sec then activates again, then something is constantly re activating it in which case unless you can get inside will keep ringing until it is shut off via the keypad/keyfob.

Hopefully
It goes through a series of different sounds and then shuts up for about 4 seconds before it starts all over again.....

Oh dear that means with out access and the code/keyfob it will go till it's shut down. :(

Sorry

Outside sirens have a built on battery that you can't usually get to of they're good ones so getting it off the wall and cutting the wires won't work, best thing is take it off the wall and stick it in a bucket of water. :)

You can't get hold of their family? What would the police do if there were a burglary in progress? Someone's got to be responsible for the house/ house alarm in their absence! Maybe the house needds to be disconnected from the electricity?

Then the battery in the control unit would keep it running for at least 8 hours then the battery in the siren would still run after that for 8 hours. If there is no way of contacting them then you'll need to get someone to do something mate, it's mental torture. I'd get the siren off the wall and put it in a bucket of water, or call the police and tell them it's been activating over and over youbthink here is a burglary in progress and maybe they'll shut it up. I know there are a lot of breakins in SA as I have some close friends from there and they had their mum over for Christmas. While she was over her house was wrecked and everything stolen and she told me it's quite common so they'll take it seriously, so police it is mate.

If the authorities don't do anything about it take a room at a hotel and bill your neighbour for it. Maybe they can claim it on their insurance, but I'm sure at this point you don't care about that!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back