The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I used to use that method until I got a new siphon that had a primer bulb at the bottom. LIterally changed my life lol.
Ah, but do you know how to pause the flow whenever you like? Without stopping the syphon altogether? :D

Ah, but do you know how to pause the flow whenever you like? Without stopping the syphon altogether? :D
I just watched the video you linked for the first time yesterday :) So yes, now I know.

Most of the time I use my python siphon that connects to the faucet. That has a shut-off valve that makes it even easier.

I just watched the video you linked for the first time yesterday :) So yes, now I know.

Most of the time I use my python siphon that connects to the faucet. That has a shut-off valve that makes it even easier.
So jealous! Wish I had a python. But they make me nervous too, and I don't have a mixer tap for refilling either. But it would make draining easier, if I didn't have pygmy fry or shrimplets to worry about! So really, I have to use buckets to empty and buckets to refill anyhow. Sigh.

While Cory in the vid crimps the tubing to pause the flow, I find it easier to just put my thumb over the bucket end. But depends how close you are to the bucket really. :)

So jealous! Wish I had a python. But they make me nervous too, and I don't have a mixer tap for refilling either. But it would make draining easier, if I didn't have pygmy fry or shrimplets to worry about! So really, I have to use buckets to empty and buckets to refill anyhow. Sigh.

While Cory in the vid crimps the tubing to pause the flow, I find it easier to just put my thumb over the bucket end. But depends how close you are to the bucket really. :)
They can be scary at first but you get used to it. I ordered the 25ft but they sent me the 50f by accident! I contacted the seller and they really didn't care.

They can be scary at first but you get used to it. I ordered the 25ft but they sent me the 50f by accident! I contacted the seller and they really didn't care.

Maybe the 50 ft could come in useful if you ever move and need more length? As long as you got it for the same price as the 25ft of course.

@mods! THEY AW NAWT FOWOWING WULES!

I tried that, took several times before it flowed automatically then as soon as I put in the gravel it stopped and I haven't been able to get it going since.

Are you lifting the syphon end above the waterline?
How large is the syphon end? Are you sucking up large pieces of waste/dead plant matter that's clogging the intake?

A syphon is a pretty simple concept, so only a certain amount of things can go wrong.

Since this is confusing, any chance you could get someone to video you syphoning the tank? Then we can see what's going wrong. The video upload function here doesn't work, but if you upload it to youtube and link it here, people can see it that way.

A syphon is a pretty simple concept, so only a certain amount of things can go wrong.

Since this is confusing, any chance you could get someone to video you syphoning the tank? Then we can see what's going wrong. The video upload function here doesn't work, but if you upload it to youtube and link it here, people can see it that way.
It could be that physics dosnt work where the OP lives...

Most reactions

Back